Canadiens vs Boston Game #5 May 10th 7PM est

DON

And that does it....

Frankly, Rask wasn't very good for three games....it was our chance...we blew one of them....

I just don't see us winning this series now that the Bruins are rolling. They are a better team. Simple as that.

a bad 32 seconds...

I remember that the Ottawa game was against Ottawa.

It's all about Game Six.

Oh ya... forgot.. :blush:

Montreal isn't quitting - honestly, bodes well for game 6. I said it early in this thread, I'll say it again - we're back here for game 7.

That Thornton looks like a neanderthal with an IQ of about 13

Montreal isn't quitting - honestly, bodes well for game 6. I said it early in this thread, I'll say it again - we're back here for game 7.

I agree with you . We're pushing back now.

Very depressing 32 seconds.

Is Therien taking notes on how to shut down an opponent??

I'd rather have him take notes on how much of a difference it can make to give a kid's with offensive potential a chance over a broken down Prust and a useless Murrey.

Maxpac's line may not have scored, but it wasn't the bruin's big guns who beat us tonight.

I'd say make Subban captain next year. He willed that last PP goal and you could see how much he WANTED the puck.

Hope to see some lineup tweaks for the next game (Prust out, Briere in....Murray out, Tinordi in {never happen, MT is a pussy and it'd be Cube if anything unfortunately} )

Also hope someone takes DD/Pacioretty/Vanek to Starbucks for a venti Americano before the game, because those sleeping SOBs need to wake the hell up!!!

For me, the real story of the series as a whole has been Bruins domination in Boston. Yes, they lost game one, but that was through Price's miraculous play. Basically, they have been the better team by some distance every single game in Beantown.

That won't matter for Game Six (except maybe as a de-motivator, if some small part of the Habs' unconscious starts saying, "what's the point? We can't beat them when they get the last change anyway"). But it does leave a pretty sour taste in the mouth, given that the whole point of Game Six is to get the team back to Boston.

Victory key for next game: Tell Gallagher and Subban to stop reacting to everything and just skate away. That was how the Habs were successful early in the series and those two in particular didn't stick to that script tonight. Therrien has been preaching a business-like attitude for the series, they'll need that for Monday.

They haven't scored an even strength goal in 2 games. The vets Gionta and Pleks were brutal tonight,

The big guns have been invisible.

What do you want MT to do? Price pitched and 60 minute shut out and lost last game.

They look old and slow, not too many of them willing to take / make a hit to male a play.

Great point by dlbalr. Get back to what got you here. Chris, early in the series several commentators noted that all the hitting isn't about winning that specific game, it's about collecting dividends later in the series. This was the first game where the Habs seemed kinda lacklustre...having been pounded on for four games straight could have something to do with them not having that "extra gear." (Although I still think last change is the real story).

PK for captain, eh, Habs29? Not such a crazy idea in my book.

Victory key for next game: Tell Gallagher and Subban to stop reacting to everything and just skate away. That was how the Habs were successful early in the series and those two in particular didn't stick to that script tonight. Therrien has been preaching a business-like attitude for the series, they'll need that for Monday.

I'd like them to walk away myself. But frankly really don't care about what Subban and Gallaghar do. They actually showed up.

Can't say the same for most of the team until the game was out of reach.

But some questionable (Murrey) and an incredibly STUPID decision by MT to play Prust. Why the hell would you play a guy who isn't well enough and obviously can't even clear the puck out of the zone or shoot.

That Thornton looks like a neanderthal with an IQ of about 13

ah that would be the whole bostob team . What do Chara and Lucic look like. OH hey we have found the missing links.

Murray we can debate...Prust? MT just plain messed the bed on that one. The only good side of that decision is that Briere will be extra fired-up when he slots back in for next game. (My favourite comment about Therrien tonight came from H I/O: "One good sign, MT did not bench Subban tonight" :lol:)

Well, I guess it happens every year. In 2011, it happened ten games after Cunneyworth, last year after game three and for this year, losing in OT game 4.

That moment when you watch the game, and you're not really "with it." When the top line gets shut down, and the role players stop stepping up. Immediately after guys like Weise and Weaver stop being story lines.

Subban scores with an empty net, and you yell at half volume and give a weak fist pump.

You realize that they're done. All the superstitions stop and you're happy you aren't on the ice for the ensuing handshake line.

Let's give a cheer for a great year of entertaining hockey.