October 29, 2022 - Canadiens at Blues 19h00 EST

alfredoh2009

We’re still alive in this one. Blues aren’t used to winning recently.

I promise I said that before Juraj’s snipe. 🚨

Great goals by Cole.  I had to laugh after his 1st when Dach made sure to get out of his way.  I guess Dach didn’t want to have another collision with him.  It’s too bad Cole doesn’t have a hattrick on his baseball swing attempt that barely missed.  That would have been sick goal had it gone in. 

Right arm, I’ve been wanting to see that for a while now.  i.e. Slaf do a 1 timer or slapshot.  It hasn't been many games so I really wasn’t sure what his was like.  That's the 1st one I've seen him do.  

9 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

If Suzuki was getting a penalty on that, Krug should of gotten 2.  Would of been a PP and that Tarasenko goal wouldn’t of happened.  Sketchy officiating once again.

And no penalty for holding Armia behind the goal ...

8 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Kovacevic continues to impress me... I honestly think at this point his spot is safe with Edmundsons return after the road trip.

Amazing what a good powerplay can do to help this team.

Yeah Kovacevic had a really strong game and he is ahead of Wideman in my book. 

I thought Slafkovsky had a strong game. I would like to see more of Dach with Suzuki - there might be something there. 

It seems like every coach has a fetish with a certain player. We all know Julien would play Weal in every situation no matter the circumstances. 

For Marty, that player is Hoffman and it’s driving me crazy 

Nice quick move by Dach in alone.  Good hard hit by Kovacevic – refs missed the smack to his head afterwards tho, and an elbow shortly later.   Wow, that was quite the slash on Anderson that was uncalled.   

Sweet, congrats to McDavorak getting a hattrick.   

I like seeing the Habs score from within their own zone when the other teams net is empty.  Monahabs did it in another game.  If I was the coach I'd actually have them practice that because they will probably have a lot of close games.  I'd also do a bunch of 3 on 3 drills for the same reason.  Those 2 areas have cost the Habs a lot of points over the last several seasons so there is definitely room for improvement.  

15 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah Kovacevic had a really strong game and he is ahead of Wideman in my book. 

I thought Slafkovsky had a strong game. I would like to see more of Dach with Suzuki - there might be something there. 

It seems like every coach has a fetish with a certain player. We all know Julien would play Weal in every situation no matter the circumstances. 

For Marty, that player is Hoffman and it’s driving me crazy 

Could be just trying to get him going. Hoffman is a vet who knew how to score. Big time. 

Once again, this bunch returns to a fun brand of hockey after looking blah against Minnesota...great game to watch.  Part of me wanted Arber to punch out a St. Louis player after they started roughing it up when down 3, especially after Krug engaged our Captain, but I get that it's not the right time to fight.  Glad Caufield continued to fill the net, and that Slaf looked dangerous on several occasions.

12 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

This will be a tough tough game for the Habs. The Blues have lost 3 in a row so Craig Berube is not a happy camper right now. I would be very surprised if the Habs come away with any points tonight. Jake Allen will have to stand on his head for the Habs to have a chance.

I was sure wrong tonight, Habs are fun to watch. They have a young defense but they are all mobile. Perhaps other teams are taking them a little too lightly. 

Cole on track for 57. Guhle continues to get compliments from opposing commentators, not to mention Harris who they were raving about. This young D is what I thought it might be, fun to watch develop. Keep it going. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DON said:

No, basically has been as advertised. A washed up floater.

Well, after all, that is why Bergevin got him for the low, low price of $4.5M for three seasons

37 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Well, after all, that is why Bergevin got him for the low, low price of $4.5M for three seasons

$4.5m... in total for 3 years would be about right.:nuts:

• Like 1