Game 25 - Canadiens vs Kraken - December 4, 2023 - 7:30 p.m.

GHT120

The ole song with 4 minutes left in a 3-2 game???

oh no no no no no!!!

the hockey gods CANNOT be pleased!!!

Josh Anderson specializes in empty net goals. 

4 shots for Suzuki, better.

Slafkovski 0pts 1 shot, but looked good again.

Anderson 1g1a, a big gorilla off his back.

Pearson 1g 6 shots

Evans 10/12 on faceoffs

Kovavevic 2 shots 20:55

Guhle 0pts +2 25:23

Armia 3 shots 12:04

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Told you that Evans Monahan Anderson line was a stroke of genius by our super intelligent coach.

Ha ha, you called it! Helluva game by that line. Anderson was his old vintage self. And was that Slaf’s best game as a Hab? Just might be. Big, strong, fast, smart. FINALLY showing us something - and it’s looking good.

Keep those lines together for sure.

So happy for Josh Anderson; hopefully now he can relax and score at something resembling a regular clip for him.  Slaf looked good tonight...offered up a glimpse into what he might become once fully developed.

I thought Slaffer had a really good game last night and complimented Suzuki and Caufield well. Did the dirty stuff on the boards to free space for the pair of them. This can only benefit both of them down the line. 

I appreciate that they want to spread the quality between the lines, but the three of them as a strong first line would really help. 

10 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Slav has been looking better and better each game for a while

What's really impressed me is the defensive side of the game that he's shown. Often right place right time in our own end.

Just want to see him be more selfish and shoot more.

5 hours ago, brindavis said:

I thought Slaffer had a really good game last night and complimented Suzuki and Caufield well. Did the dirty stuff on the boards to free space for the pair of them. This can only benefit both of them down the line. 

I appreciate that they want to spread the quality between the lines, but the three of them as a strong first line would really help. 

Based on that one game, I sure wouldn’t split them up. Slaf looked very comfortable in that role - the kind of role we need him to play for the next decade, a board-dominating first-line FW. And did you see that end-to-end rush where he drew a penalty? The boy can skate too.

Of course, it’s easier to keep them together when the Monahan line, which we laughed at going in, played so well. Some genius bartending by mixer Marty last night.

9 hours ago, sbhatt said:

So happy for Josh Anderson; hopefully now he can relax and score at something resembling a regular clip for him.  

Like you, I’m happy for him on a human level. He made an impact last night even without the goal…who knows, maybe MSL’s message is finally clicking.

27 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Like you, I’m happy for him on a human level. He made an impact last night even without the goal…who knows, maybe MSL’s message is finally clicking.

I think playing a weak team helped all the lines and Andy.

But, lots of positives.

10 Thoughts: Slump-Busting Past Seattle – HabsWorld.net

"3rd Star: Johnathan Kovacevic – He was shuffled around quite a bit during the game with St. Louis opting to limit Struble’s minutes but the end result seemed to be the same whoever he was with.  Most of the time, the puck was in Seattle’s end when he was on the ice, yielding very positive possession stats.  It’s his second straight game of 20+ minutes after going six straight below that mark.

Stats: 0 points, +2 rating, 2 shots, 20:23 TOI"

I continue to think Struble has been really good. I’m not sure how much of that is Kovacevic who in my books is easily a strong second pairing Dman , maybe more. 

I was also thinking that Matheson looks better since getting paired with Lindstrom but maybe that’s got nothing to do with it. 

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I continue to think Struble has been really good. I’m not sure how much of that is Kovacevic who in my books is easily a strong second pairing Dman , maybe more. 

I was also thinking that Matheson looks better since getting paired with Lindstrom but maybe that’s got nothing to do with it. 

if you are correct, that makes Savard expendable. That makes me happy, but I don;t want to twist what you are saying.

Lindstrom has stabilized Matheson, his skating ability allows him to mesh well, maybe better that Kovacevic is able to.

Kovacevic is an ideal 3rd-pair D for the Habs. Barron is working great with Guhle, the pair I was hoping to see eventually when Barron first played with the Habs.

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

if you are correct, that makes Savard expendable. That makes me happy, but I don;t want to twist what you are saying.

Lindstrom has stabilized Matheson, his skating ability allows him to mesh well, maybe better that Kovacevic is able to.

Kovacevic is an ideal 3rd-pair D for the Habs. Barron is working great with Guhle, the pair I was hoping to see eventually when Barron first played with the Habs.

It would be shocking if Savard isn't dealt at the deadline IMHO

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It would be shocking if Savard isn't dealt at the deadline IMHO

IMHO He doesn’t have a lot of value outside Montreal.

18 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think Kovacevic is playing at higher level than third pair. When Guhle and Kovacevic were together they had great analytics. 

I think Kovacevic is outstanding 

Kovacevic is very good.  He's definitely helped struble.  That said Struble has to get some credit too.

Lindstrom on the other hand is bottom 10 in the entire NHL in terms of his metrics.  Hes been hemmed in his own end and giving up offensive chances a lot.  Im no Savard fan, but he has to take Lindstrom's spot and Lindstrom has to go to the AHL as soon as hes healthy.  Lindstrom is so bad.

What will make Savard expendable is the return of Harris who can play on the right side and we can go Barron, kovacevic and Harris on right D.

29 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

IMHO He doesn’t have a lot of value outside Montreal.

Time will tell, but I tend to disagree. He's the kind of veteran add contending teams love to get at the deadline. This assumes he is healthy and that his play returns to its established standard upon his return, of course. I wouldn't fall on the floor if we got a 2nd rounder for him.

• Like 1