• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dlbalr

• The Chicoutimi Cucumber

• Commandant

• DON

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, obviously he'd be acquired to play center.

The PK trade will never make sense.  You can keep Weber and price together until they are 50.  That is not going to change the fact that it was a horrible trade and a colossal mistake:  we lost the tr

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Wouldn't have guessed this.  Something to file away for the offseason, perhaps?

Me neither ... seems to fly in the face of bergevin's focus on character ... at the right price DeAngelo could be a very big "value signing", despite any values issues ... but I would hope Bergevin would require some very serious convincing by reliable sources before he even considered it.

18 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Wouldn't have guessed this.  Something to file away for the offseason, perhaps?

As long as it's filed under "How to ruin team chemistry and alienate good faith from your fanbase"

Pierre Lebrun says in the first intermission that Bergevin wasn't in on many forwards as he didn't want to block the spot for Cole Caufield, who will be called up before the season ends. 

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Pierre Lebrun says in the first intermission that Bergevin wasn't in on many forwards as he didn't want to block the spot for Cole Caufield, who will be called up before the season ends. 

WoooooooHooooooo

Please do it now

More on DeAngelo from Friedman:

5. Tony DeAngelo’s rejection of Montreal’s offer indicates he believes there’s going to be something better for him this offseason. The Canadiens put together something comparable for this year and next to what he’d lose if he terminated his contract. (Remember, the Rangers can buy him out for one-third of next year’s salary.)

Interesting that it was a multi-year commitment they were willing to make.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-taylor-hall-may-rental-bruins/

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

More on DeAngelo from Friedman:

Interesting that it was a multi-year commitment they were willing to make.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-taylor-hall-may-rental-bruins/

Oof. How could anyone be willing to make a multi-year commitment after all the locker rooms he's been run out of, including being shunned by a team on the hook for nearly 10 million?

29 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Oof. How could anyone be willing to make a multi-year commitment after all the locker rooms he's been run out of, including being shunned by a team on the hook for nearly 10 million?

Bergevin must have a strong belief in the power of our locker room and our illustrious captain to reform someone like DeAngelo. Although it would have been a strictly one strike and you are out deal like Kassian, I'm still happy he is not associated with the team and I fervently hope that they don't revisit this option in free agency. 

27 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Bergevin must have a strong belief in the power of our locker room and our illustrious captain to reform someone like DeAngelo. Although it would have been a strictly one strike and you are out deal like Kassian, I'm still happy he is not associated with the team and I fervently hope that they don't revisit this option in free agency. 

IF all this is true, although Dredger and Friedman are legit journalists (i.e., not Eklund or Hockey30), the I think it speaks to the urgency Bergevin feels to succeed this season.

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

IF all this is true, although Dredger and Friedman are legit journalists (i.e., not Eklund or Hockey30), the I think it speaks to the urgency Bergevin feels to succeed this season.

Assuming it's true then I also think it shows that MB is thinking outside the box and looking at all possibilities.  Reminds me of the time he brought Radulov over,  nobody else was willing to take a chance but he was, worked out for a year.