Forward Lines Defence/Goalies
Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn Hamrlik Subban
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta Gill Gorges
Moen - Moore - Lapierre Spacek Bergeron
Darche - Metropolit - O'Byrne* Halak Price

Other Notes:
Injuries: Mara, Markov, Pyatt*
Scratches: S. Kostitsyn, Laraque, Maxwell*
Pyatt did not take the morning skate, Maxwell skated with Darche/Metropolit.

Projected lines for Philadelphia:

Forward Lines Defence/Goalies
Gagne - Richards - Carter Carle Pronger
Hartnell - Briere - Leino Timonen Coburn
van Riemsdyk - Giroux - Asham Parent Krajicek
Laperriere - Betts - Powe Leighton Backlund

Other Notes:
Injuries: Boucher, Kalinski
Scratches: Bartulis, Carcillo, Cote, Duchesne, Laliberte, Lehtivuori, Maroon, Marshall, Nodl, Ross, Syvret

Game time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: CBC, RDS, Versus
Radio: CJAD,CKAC

Winning Highlights:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before this series began, I was worried - it would be just too cosmically fitting for our Habs to destroy two heavily-favoured powerhouses only to lose in the third round to a team that they should, in theory, probably be able to beat. The cruel Gods of Hockey Irony have struck again. :angry:

Like most commentators, I have minimal optimism about this game. I won't say I am 100% pessimistic - the victory against Washington taught me the truth of the old maxim 'it ain't over til its over' - but I'll give us about a 25% chance of winning tonight. Random prediction: if Andrei Kostitsyn shows up big, we will win. ^_^

My only consolation is that I expect Chicago to make minced-meat of Philly in the Finals.

Thanks for the memories, boys, it's been a hoot.

Every time that I've thought that the Habs are done for this year, they've surprised me and persevered. I really hope that's the case tonight, because I just don't feel like they've got anything left in the tank. Nevertheless, I will cheer for them until the final buzzer goes, and regardless of what happens tonight, I'm proud of our team.

Obviously the first goal is crucial (as is scoring any goals!). If Philly wants to advance, they'd better damn well earn it.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

If one of our 0 for's (AK, Plek, Gomez) end tonight then we win. If not then we may be in tough.

Agreed, but I kind of wish people would consider Gomez's 11 assists when they slag his low goal output. He's been a key cog in getting us this far - which is more than you can say for the other two. I focus on AK because he is a guy whose game is physically capable of overmatching the Flyers. Pleks will always be likely to struggle in this sort of series because he's not the type to overpower hermetic defences. AK has that in him, although he of course is unlikely ever to capitalize on it.

Agreed, but I kind of wish people would consider Gomez's 11 assists when they slag his low goal output. He's been a key cog in getting us this far - which is more than you can say for the other two. I focus on AK because he is a guy whose game is physically capable of overmatching the Flyers. Pleks will always be likely to struggle in this sort of series because he's not the type to overpower hermetic defences. AK has that in him, although he of course is unlikely ever to capitalize on it.

I agree completely that Gomez has been productive, it would just be nice to see him put it in the net once in a while. After all Pleks struggles these last two series I wouldn't be heartbroken if we took a pass on him this off-season and spent the money on a guy like Marleau. AK is all but gone if he doesn't step it up today.

I agree completely that Gomez has been productive, it would just be nice to see him put it in the net once in a while. After all Pleks struggles these last two series I wouldn't be heartbroken if we took a pass on him this off-season and spent the money on a guy like Marleau. AK is all but gone if he doesn't step it up today.

It's quite obvious that the big guns on this team are Cammie and Gionta. We can't get rid of Gomez, so anyone else can go bye bye as far as I'm concerned. AK needs to be huge tonight. Him and Benny P must make some room for our stars. Go Habs Go

Edit. I hate to say this, but I am already doing my off season moves in my mind. Not a good sign.

Edited by BCHabnut

Referees for tonight are Bill McCreary and Dan O'Rourke. Darche will play, Pyatt downgraded to doubtful. I assume 7 D will dress despite having Maxwell skating on the 4th line in practice.

Nos bras meurtris vous tendent le flambeau, à vous toujours de le porter bien haut.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high.

Come on Habs lets win this game. The Habs fans need this and the league would benefit from an original 6 showdown in the finals. All we have to do is win 3 straight games. I know we have it in us. We have to go out hard and get that first goal. We play better as a team when we get the first one. From there we can get the ball rolling and be successful as a team. Please Habs play you hardest.

Go Habs Go!!!!

If the Canadiens have any hope of winning tonight, they must keep the storm going the entire 60 MINUTES of the game and forecheck hard to draw penalties. This team relies on special teams efforts, not 5 on 5 goals. If this game goes to Overtime and Canadiens prevail; ANYTHING, and I mean anything can happen. I'm not sure if I'm the only one that feels this, but it's almost like the NHL scripted the playoff happenings this year, and my suspicion grows even larger with the history will be made commercials :unsure: ...philly comes back from a 3-1 deficit...to go up on the habs 3-1 next round and blow it too :P:clap: Only Habs fans can hope and believe

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

It's easy to say that we'll fold if we get scored on first after the way the rest of the series has gone so far, but I just don't see this being the case tonight. Let's hope we won't have to test that theory though!

I agree that at least one of the "0 for x" group have to put one in tonight.

GHG :hlogo:

I think the Habs lose tonight. I give them a 15% chance to win the series. If they win tonight, that more than doubles.

I predict that Chicago loses the final whether they play Philly or Montreal.

If it ends tonight Im going to be sad. It has been such a lovely and heartful ride so far and I dont know if I can stand us getting eliminated this quickly.

Im not blaming anyone of anything because we have by far surpassed my wildest expectations. Pls give us some more hockey, I havent even started to enjoy spring/summer yet because of the longest hockeyseason for me ever. GO HABS GO... hopefully not for the last time this season.

The age old story of the Tortoise and the Habs resumes in T minus 1 hour.

Tonight is going to be a game and a half, possibly 2.

Get your defibrillators ready. We're going to need em but when its all said and done the Habs will win in OT and it will be a psychologically crushing defeat for the Flyers.

The TSN turning point of this series happens tonight. :clap:

Keep the Faith!!

I just hope I can handle it when the TV monitors show Plekanec. I really have to contain myself everytime I see his face, he's been absolute Dog Sh*t. He and his buddy Kostityn, what a joke!!!

Well, here's to the Man upstairs: How are you going to repay the loyal followers now?

Go Habs!!!!!!!

Here is HOPING for a better result,

---- DETERMINATION

well not sure if this is good enough. I believed that Flyers were the better of the 2 ( Bruins ), due to weaker goaltending, for Habs to face..

But this series ( 3 shutouts ) has turned to a nightmare. Flyers arent that much better, and their goaltending is second rate

---- Martin had a " shutdown" plan for Wash, and Penguins, a goal and system to play

---- With Flyers, is he being outcoached, Flyers simply play a better " shutdown" system. blocked shots, nuetral zone coverage, limiting rebound chances...could it be Habs got beat at their own game..

Because on paper I dont see Flyers being that much better worthy of 3 shutouts!!

last 2 periods indicated Habs being a defeated team, with no counter system for Flyers!!, can JM adapt in time!!, its not just determination and effort..

First goal is key, and winning the slots to get to those rebounds,

lets hope this isnt the last habs game of season

Edited by HabsWEST

HabsWEST thats why I still have faith. Th Habs have their backs against the wall and will be like having a wounded animal cornered. The Habs will go back to fire wagon hockey, all out back n forth full out hockey. The Habs are too fast and skilled for the Flyers to keep up.

Think aboot this: the Habs have been clutch all bloody year long. Whenever they dropped from 8th in the standing they would win and remain in playoff contention. The Habs never really slipped very far from 8th all year no matter the circumstances. They've been winning when they absolutely have to all year.

A 16-12 record is right up the Habs alley. :lol:

Go :hlogo: Go!!!