Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Prust's shoulder injuries scares me. He's not right.

Yes, his reckless attacks on the boards makes it hard to believe he played every game for 2 straight seasons with Rangers.

To get this thread back on track

Tinordi/Desharnais/Moen----for B. Schenn/ Morin

Philly needs cultural shift

Maybe if flip in Beaulieu instead of Tinordi, would make more sense for Habs.

Habs are flush with offensively gifted d-men on roster and in the system, but to remove a rare (for Habs) physical d-man, whom I expect to be impact player next season, dosent seem to make sense.

Morin is likely several years away from full time NHL readiness and does he have the leadership character of a Tinordi?

And Philly's current scoring leader is unlikely to go anywhere? But Beaulieu might be very appealing and get them to do it?

(But I still see zero need to make any trades at present and once Pacioretty, Murray, Yemelin, Prust are back, Habs should be quite competitive vs anyone.)

Even without cap considerations, I don't see Philly doing this deal, I think we are ripping them off.

Add to that our guys cost way more on the cap right now, and Philly in major cap trouble, and this is a complete no go for them.

Even without cap considerations, I don't see Philly doing this deal, I think we are ripping them off.

Add to that our guys cost way more on the cap right now, and Philly in major cap trouble, and this is a complete no go for them.

What if we traded Voracek name for Schenn and included a prospect instead of Moen or not? Morin for Ttinordi seems even except for the delay

Eklund says Habs and Oilers are talking about Yakapov. I would love to have him but I don't think we have anything they want, except Price of course. I think this is probably just Ek thinking "jeez i haven't mentioned Montreal lately better make something up"

• Upvote 1

Of course Eklund's rumours are less than worthless, but I've been wondering about Yakupov. He seems like a top-line talent that could be acquired for cheap because of Edmonton's early struggles and front office idiocy. I'm worried Toronto might get him with some package around Reimer + Gardiner, i.e. pieces they don't really need.

I was thinking that we could offer Gorges+ for him (probably would have to add a top prospect, or perhaps a roster player like Bourque). That would create a big hole on our blue line, but in the end we're giving a #4 defenseman for a potential first-line winger. This type of move might hurt in the short term but pay off big down the road.

Edmonton is having problems keeping the puck out of their net. If we were to trade for Yakupov, and I think it would be a brilliant idea, The price tag for Yakupov alone shouldn't be any more than Gorges + Moen. Which is what Edmonton is looking for. They want team defense concept, those 2 guys are exactly what they are looking for. Only huge hole in that trade is the cap space So to make it work, it would have to look something like this;

To Edmonton

Gorges

Moen

Prospect (Mid-level, like Holland or Bournival should suffice)

To Montreal

Yakupov

Smyth

5.7m going Edmonton's way, 3.2 coming back, so we'll be at 2.5m cap space and they will have about 1.5m.

Edmonton is having problems keeping the puck out of their net. If we were to trade for Yakupov, and I think it would be a brilliant idea, The price tag for Yakupov alone shouldn't be any more than Gorges + Moen. Which is what Edmonton is looking for. They want team defense concept, those 2 guys are exactly what they are looking for. Only huge hole in that trade is the cap space So to make it work, it would have to look something like this;

If the Habs were in Edmonton's situation, would you trade Galchenyuk, a top-3 pick from that same draft, for a package of players comparable to Gorges and Moen? There's no way I would and I think Edmonton would decline this in a heartbeat. Yes, Edmonton needs defence and Gorges would be a fit but the plus needs to be something worth a lot more than Moen - a top prospect in all likelihood.

If the Habs were in Edmonton's situation, would you trade Galchenyuk, a top-3 pick from that same draft, for a package of players comparable to Gorges and Moen? There's no way I would and I think Edmonton would decline this in a heartbeat. Yes, Edmonton needs defence and Gorges would be a fit but the plus needs to be something worth a lot more than Moen - a top prospect in all likelihood.

While I agree with what your saying, this is not the same situation reversed. Galchenyuk isn't on the block for us, nor would he be if we were in Edmonton's shoes. Yakupov is the odd man out on a team with great young talent. He has been publicly on the block for the last few weeks. I think your over estimating Yakupov's value just a tad. The kid can put up points, but is a defensive liability. He is a modern day Havlat, early in his career. He is severely lacking defensively, so unless he's putting up points then he isn't an NHL player. Hence why he has been sitting in the pressbox on and off so far this season. Galchenyuk can play without the puck, Yakupov cannot.

While I agree with what your saying, this is not the same situation reversed. Galchenyuk isn't on the block for us, nor would he be if we were in Edmonton's shoes. Yakupov is the odd man out on a team with great young talent. He has been publicly on the block for the last few weeks. I think your over estimating Yakupov's value just a tad. The kid can put up points, but is a defensive liability. He is a modern day Havlat, early in his career. He is severely lacking defensively, so unless he's putting up points then he isn't an NHL player. Hence why he has been sitting in the pressbox on and off so far this season. Galchenyuk can play without the puck, Yakupov cannot.

we could think about gorges and fucale and the dynamic mr DD ? it might work. i hate to lose fucale but with price in the nets he is a long way away.

Desharnais Diaz Beaulieu

Couturier Meszaros

Yakupov is a year removed from being drafted first overall. If he turns into Havlat, he's still worth more than Gorges and Moen. The fact that he might be available doesn't lower his value, and Edmonton doesn't have to sell. To get a top line talent you have to pay up, not just throw in scraps. It would have to be Gorges + one valuable asset if not two. Moen could conceivably be a throw in AFTER Beaulieu or Tinordi, but not a primary piece.

• Upvote 1

Yakupov is a year removed from being drafted first overall. If he turns into Havlat, he's still worth more than Gorges and Moen. The fact that he might be available doesn't lower his value, and Edmonton doesn't have to sell. To get a top line talent you have to pay up, not just throw in scraps. It would have to be Gorges + one valuable asset if not two. Moen could conceivably be a throw in AFTER Beaulieu or Tinordi, but not a primary piece.

Agreed.

Although prospect wise there's not much I wouldn't give up at the opportunity of having Chucky & Yak possibly going Sedin for the Habs. Considering the make up of Edmonton's roster.. this wouldn't be a plausible scenario if he was on just about any another team.

Although, I don't feel Gorges would be the piece to move. Bergy talks of character and this is something Josh has in spades. Also I think he's too woven into the core. Something tells me it would do more damage than naught.

Collberg Desharnais Pateryn Tokarski

Holland Desharnais Beaulieu Tokarski

Holland Desharnais Diaz Fucale

Agreed.

Although prospect wise there's not much I wouldn't give up at the opportunity of having Chucky & Yak possibly going Sedin for the Habs. Considering the make up of Edmonton's roster.. this wouldn't be a plausible scenario if he was on just about any another team.

Although, I don't feel Gorges would be the piece to move. Bergy talks of character and this is something Josh has in spades. Also I think he's too woven into the core. Something tells me it would do more damage than naught.

Collberg Desharnais Pateryn Tokarski

Holland Desharnais Beaulieu Tokarski

Holland Desharnais Diaz Fucale

None of those packages are particularly valuable to Edmonton. Do they want another undersized offensive centreman (DD)? Do they want B-level prospects (Holland, Collberg, Pateryn)? Do they want long-term goalie help when they're suffering now? Do they want Diaz? (I would guess not).

Beaulieu I could see them wanting, but if they were to trade a recent #1 overall it would be for help NOW. Where do they most need help? On D. Who is the only defenseman we have who has trade value and is remotely expendable? Gorges. (I can't see UFA Markov being worth much to them). I mentioned that it would hurt us in the short term - it definitely would. But you have to give up a lot to get a lot back, and having a #4 defenseman as a primary piece to get a potential top line winger would be considered fleecing by many.

Here's the offer:

Gorges

Beaulieu

Moen

for

Yakupov

+ pieces to make the cap work

This deal comes down to how highly we value Yakupov, of course, and what we think of Beaulieu relative to that. For Edmonton, it gives them experience and character to turn their season around. For us, we might be looking at our future first line winger.

None of those packages are particularly valuable to Edmonton. Do they want another undersized offensive centreman (DD)? Do they want B-level prospects (Holland, Collberg, Pateryn)? Do they want long-term goalie help when they're suffering now? Do they want Diaz? (I would guess not).

Beaulieu I could see them wanting, but if they were to trade a recent #1 overall it would be for help NOW. Where do they most need help? On D. Who is the only defenseman we have who has trade value and is remotely expendable? Gorges. (I can't see UFA Markov being worth much to them). I mentioned that it would hurt us in the short term - it definitely would. But you have to give up a lot to get a lot back, and having a #4 defenseman as a primary piece to get a potential top line winger would be considered fleecing by many.

Here's the offer:

Gorges

Beaulieu

Moen

for

Yakupov

This deal comes down to how highly we value Yakupov, of course, and what we think of Beaulieu relative to that. For Edmonton, it gives them experience and character to turn their season around. For us, we might be looking at our future first line winger.

Well. We can agree to disagree.

Desharnais Diaz Beaulieu

Couturier Meszaros

Great fantasy trade. Seriously, if Holmgren makes this deal he'll be out of work by May.

Here's the offer:

Gorges

Beaulieu

Moen

for

Yakupov

This has the potential to be a great trade for MTL if Yak meets his potential. Meanwhile we have surrendered a good prospect a good 3rd liner and a decent defenseman. I would love to see this trade but I can't see EDM going for it. :pray: that the EDM GM gets a brain cramp from the pressure.

This has the potential to be a great trade for MTL if Yak meets his potential. Meanwhile we have surrendered a good prospect a good 3rd liner and a decent defenseman. I would love to see this trade but I can't see EDM going for it. :pray: that the EDM GM gets a brain cramp from the pressure.

I agree, Edmonton would want a king's ransom for Yakupov. We're also probably not an ideal trading partner for them. But they need defensive help in a big way, and some team might get lucky with them.

What if we traded Voracek name for Schenn and included a prospect instead of Moen or not? Morin for Ttinordi seems even except for the delay

So now you want an even better player in Voracek? I don't see Philly going for that.

Yakupov's caphit alone is 3.775 million. Not sure where you got those numbers from.

And it would be laughable for the Oilers to make a move of Yak for Gorges and Moen. MacTavish would be fired on the spot for such a move.

Fair enough--- Can you agree that Tinordi and Morin are the same player and you might get value because Tinordi is closer to the show?

Morin is captain/assistant of his team? Does he show any leadership qualities? Tinordi has at all levels so far, so I would guess not same player (granted I am not real familiar with Morin).