Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Yakupov's caphit alone is 3.775 million. Not sure where you got those numbers from.

And it would be laughable for the Oilers to make a move of Yak for Gorges and Moen. MacTavish would be fired on the spot for such a move.

What about with Beaulieu?

Could Budaj shore up some of the goaltending woes in Edmonton? I think Reimer and and or Miller might be a tad too expensive.

Most goalies could shore up their situation. That said, I don't think Edmonton would deal anything of value and I don't think the Habs would really want to move him. His chemistry with Price was really hyped up at the time of the extension, they probably wouldn't want to mess with that.

I think that Edmonton not wanting to give up too much plays to us. I feel he is somewhat better than a backup. I think we would trade our insurance policy for the right price. With our Price in net and playing well, he is not liable to see a lot of playing time. Would he like a chance to kick start his career or is he comfortable being the backup? I think Edmontons hand will be forced

I think that Edmonton not wanting to give up too much plays to us. I feel he is somewhat better than a backup. I think we would trade our insurance policy for the right price. With our Price in net and playing well, he is not liable to see a lot of playing time. Would he like a chance to kick start his career or is he comfortable being the backup? I think Edmontons hand will be forced

He is a bit better than a run-of-the-mill backup. Can he be a starter though? I don't think so and that's where their focus lies. If they're just upgrading the backup, they won't part with any roster player or decent pick which doesn't make it worthwhile for the Habs.

He is a bit better than a run-of-the-mill backup. Can he be a starter though? I don't think so and that's where their focus lies. If they're just upgrading the backup, they won't part with any roster player or decent pick which doesn't make it worthwhile for the Habs.

I am good with this sentiment. After seeing the Vanek deal however, I am not sure what the Oil will have to part with (willingly or not) to get their goaltending situation under control.

There are other goalies available better than Budaj Anaheim has three goalies now... there is Miller, there is Neuvirth, there is Reimer, there are a few guys who Edmonton might look at before Peter Budaj, as well as he's played.

He's still tainted by being the "failed starter" and career backup is his label right now.

I don't see a deal centred around Budaj, I see it built around Defenceman with Budaj as a final piece.

That would not surprise me. 2 things here--- 1: it appears they will have to make move

2: they can control what they are willing to spend (trade) however on the backside of that is they cannot control the market (cost of doing business)

Consequently, what do they go cheap on? Of coarse there are better goalies out there. It remains to be seen if they will go all in.

Cant see Habs making any deals in near future and Oil didn't bother drafting any goalies this year, so doubt they now want a kid who will be in junior for 2 more years?

And trading a French goalie prospect wouldn't make the locals very happy at all; unless, David Perron was part of deal, which may be very interesting addition for Habs?

I can't see the Habs making any deals this season, quite honestly, unless a hulking winger comes at a price that MB deems acceptable, or DD has a suitor. Otherwise, I just don't see this as a season when we need to make a huge change.

Leafs are bereft at center right now with Bolland and Bozak out. How about DD to the Laughs for a second round pick and a prospect?

I doubt we could even get a 4th for DD, let alone a 2nd AND a prospect. I also think we'd have to retain some of his salary and cap hit. If there was someone willing to move a 2nd, I think he'd already be gone.

He is simply signed for too long of a term, playing like crap and lacks a track record, for someone to take a chance on that he will turn things around.

Leafs are bereft at center right now with Bolland and Bozak out. How about DD to the Laughs for a second round pick and a prospect?

Guest Stogey24

I doubt we could even get a 4th for DD, let alone a 2nd AND a prospect. I also think we'd have to retain some of his salary and cap hit. If there was someone willing to move a 2nd, I think he'd already be gone.

He is simply signed for too long of a term, playing like crap and lacks a track record, for someone to take a chance on that he will turn things around.

DD will get traded. Montreal is going to eat a fair chunk of his salary as you had mentioned. There are a lot of hurting teams out there right now. A team might bite.

Guest Stogey24

Looks like Nygren is fitting in pretty well with the dogs. If he can stay consistent in the scoring department, you have to think Diaz will have some trade rumours swirling around him.

If DD was even scoring at last year's pace (48 points/82 games), he'd be tradeable but at one point in 15 games? I don't know.

As for keeping salary, how much are you gonna keep when a summer buyout is 1.667 per season (but 6 years).

If DD was even scoring at last year's pace (48 points/82 games), he'd be tradeable but at one point in 15 games? I don't know.

As for keeping salary, how much are you gonna keep when a summer buyout is 1.667 per season (but 6 years).

$1,166,667 actually. So I'd think they'd go up to around $1.5 M per (paying a bit extra in the first four years to avoid the charge in the last two) if they go that route. I think they'd look to swap him for another bad contract in the $3M-$4.5M range in a change of scenery type of move though.

$1,166,667 actually. So I'd think they'd go up to around $1.5 M per (paying a bit extra in the first four years to avoid the charge in the last two) if they go that route. I think they'd look to swap him for another bad contract in the $3M-$4.5M range in a change of scenery type of move though.

Ding ding - David Booth! Who was recently assigned to the AHL for 'conditioning.'

However, DD has to get his numbers up for that to work. How ANY player can get 1 point in 15 games with the kind of ice time Desharnais has received is absolutely baffling. You'd think the puck would bounce off your ass and into the net or something. You see those numbers, you can't conclude that this is an NHL-calibre player. He's gotta go down.

Drew Stafford, please.

Guest Stogey24

Drew Stafford, please.

Amen. The team all of the sudden gets bigger up front with a move like that. Something could be in the works with Florida too.

Amen. The team all of the sudden gets bigger up front with a move like that. Something could be in the works with Florida too.

There are a few underachieving players with similar contracts with Florida that could be of interest under a swap of bad contracts scenario - Versteeg, Kopecky, and Upshall in particular.