Vanek traded to Montreal

dlbalr

Just trying to judge where people are, who here would be comfortable giving Vanek 7.5 per for 7 years?

Personally, I would rather give him 8 per for 5 years.

The players wives' only job right now is making Mrs. Vanek fall in love with the city.

Agreed! Let's hope the Habs can get to the 2nd or even the 3rd round. There's no better place in the world than Montreal in May!!!

Just trying to judge where people are, who here would be comfortable giving Vanek 7.5 per for 7 years?

I would give him five years at the league minimum, but that's not going to happen. He's getting max term at 8-9 million if he signs here. Can he sign for eight instead of seven since he's on the team? Or is that just for RFA?

I would also prefer to offer him 40 million$ over 5 years, but put yourself in his shoes. If he can get 50 million$ over 7 years, that's an extra 10 million$ in the long run...plus with our tax rates in Québec, he will want every penny he can get.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were to have to offer him even more than that to re-sign him!

7 years Maximum (i think) 8 million. I don't think he will re-sign here. I don't see MB giving him enough money to stay here, we will probably go deeper in the playoffs and sell more beer, which is the point. ( for Mr Molson)

I would also prefer to offer him 40 million$ over 5 years, but put yourself in his shoes. If he can get 50 million$ over 7 years, that's an extra 10 million$ in the long run...plus with our tax rates in Québec, he will want every penny he can get.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were to have to offer him even more than that to re-sign him!

Didn't they say he was a lock for being a Wild player on first day of free agency.

Oh well, got him for 20 and hopefully 20+ playoff games.

Like I was

Didn't they say he was a lock for being a Wild player on first day of free agency.

Oh well, got him for 20 and hopefully 20+ playoff games.

there are no guarantees that he'll end up in Minny. Minny is pretty close to the cap, plus they just picked up Moulson.

Like I said earlier today, I think it's safe to assume that Gionta, Bouillon, Murray and Parros wont be back next year. That's a saving of 9 million$

If we can trade/give away Bourque and trade a guy Like Moen who's slown down quite a bit lately, we could easily save another 5 million$

Lastly, the cap will go up by about 6.5 million$.

So, that means we have about 20-21 million$ to spend to resign Subban, Markov and Vanek. I think it's doable!

I would give him five years at the league minimum, but that's not going to happen. He's getting max term at 8-9 million if he signs here. Can he sign for eight instead of seven since he's on the team? Or is that just for RFA?

Yes, the Habs have the ability to go 8 years for Vanek.

Like I said earlier today, I think it's safe to assume that Gionta, Bouillon, Murray and Parros wont be back next year. That's a saving of 9 million$

If we can trade/give away Bourque and trade a guy Like Moen who's slown down quite a bit lately, we could easily save another 5 million$

Lastly, the cap will go up by about 6.5 million$.

So, that means we have about 20-21 million$ to spend to resign Subban, Markov and Vanek. I think it's doable!

I would bet both Gionta and Murray are back.

And Vanek will command a top $$ deal in summer.

Assuming he is open to staying, is he the guy we should be breaking the bank for, on a long-term deal?

Given the apparent absence of impact wingers in the system, I'm inclined to think so.

Assuming he is open to staying, is he the guy we should be breaking the bank for, on a long-term deal?

I guess we'll know more when it comes time, but he definitely seems like he could be a good fit. Big right handed snipers are hard to come by

• Upvote 1

My Bruins fan father called Vanek a "Bruin-killer."

If that's true, sign him to 10 million.

30 goals 31 assists in 52 games vs the Bruins in his career! I think its safe to say we can call him a Bruin killer!

FORMIFREAKINDABLE!.

I was just listening to the radio while driving.. expecting nothing and KABOOOM!

Vanek. Sure seems like a pretty good deal to me.

And what better city on earth than Montreal to win the heart of a hockey player if the Minni pull isn't overwhelming.

If this IS understood generally, then that might explain the limited return for him.

Ignorance is bliss, so of course I'm happy.

Galchenyuk Plekanec Vanek

Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher

Prust Eller Gionta

Moen White Weise

Bourque Briere Parros

Bournival Leblanc Thomas

Gorges Subban

Markov Emelin

Tinordi Weaver

Bouillon Murray

Beaulieu Pateryn

Price

Budaj

Tokarski

Dubnek

Some serious depth and balance is right!

Hopefully everything clicks and Vanek see's that he fits perfectly. The missing link to this roster. The key to contender. I pray that he and Galchenyuk have insane chemistry together so that he commits to the future. I'd play them together on EVERY even strength shift from now until where ever it ends lol..

The number of possible line combinations and defensive pairings is incredible. Almost as if this roster could morph to face any type of opponent.. if completely healthy of course.

Here's to a long playoff push! I am officially VERY confident in MB and couldn't be more excited!

Who cares if he signs in Minnesota?

The key thing here is that MB has made the commitment to get a big name forward. We have earmarked the $7 million it will take to re-sign him for that position.

If he walks... we grab another forward in free agency.

Maybe an Iginla, Stastny, Moulson, Gaborik, etc.....

Hopefully we can re-sign him, but even if we can't we've become players with this deal. A sign to the NHL that we are ready to win.

Prust Eller Gionta

Moen White Weise

Bourque Briere Parros

Bournival Leblanc Thomas

Gorges Subban

Markov Emelin

Tinordi Weaver

Bouillon Murray

Beaulieu Pateryn

Price

Budaj

Tokarski

Dubnek

Wow. This is the reason we became buyers and not sellers at the deadline,despite the outcry of some.

Great position to be in on re-signing him or not, we are better here and now, and very cheap. If we can re-sign him great, if not, then if nothing else, swap his rights for Moulson's rights with Min. and go from there. Little risk, lot's gained.... it will be nice to see his talent in the Habs lineup for the rest of this year....

I like the top 2 here and it's what I listed yesterday as well, but I'll be surprised if MT splits up pleks and Gionta.

Prust Eller Gionta

Moen White Weise

Bourque Briere Parros

Bournival Leblanc Thomas

Gorges Subban

Markov Emelin

Tinordi Weaver

Bouillon Murray

Beaulieu Pateryn

Price

Budaj

Tokarski

Dubnek

Some serious depth and balance is right!

Hopefully everything clicks and Vanek see's that he fits perfectly. The missing link to this roster. The key to contender. I pray that he and Galchenyuk have insane chemistry together so that he commits to the future. I'd play them together on EVERY even strength shift from now until where ever it ends lol..

The number of possible line combinations and defensive pairings is incredible. Almost as if this roster could morph to face any type of opponent.. if completely healthy of course.

Here's to a long playoff push! I am officially VERY confident in MB and couldn't be more excited!

I am very curious to see what the line combinations will be. MB has done his part now its up to MT to make it work.....reading that makes me a little bit nervous.

If MT doesn't want to split up Pleks and Gio maybe a combos like this

Pac DD Gally

Chucky Plex Gio

Briere Eller Vanek

Prust White Moen/ Weiss

Just keep coming in waves, who do you shut down? I think that Briere and Vanek could be magic ......man I'm so excited....reminds me of The kovalev days

MB's presser today:

1. Goes to podium and stands behind table.

2. Picks up microphone from the standing position.

3. Pauses and drinks in the anticipatory silence in the room.

4. Drops the mic and walks out.

Presser done.