2021 NHL Playoffs

Neech

The puck just needs to transmit its identity continuously, and then you have receivers all around the rink, mounted behind the boards to detect the position, velocity and acceleration. You would probably have four-plus transmitters in the puck to enable the accurate detection of orientation.

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You are better off with the hawkeye camera technology used in tennis and in the premier league (soccer) than messing with the puck imo.

High speed cameras.

I think visibility of the puck in a hockey game would be more challenging than visibility of the ball in tennis or (association) football.

I forget the name of the former NHL player who has been working on this and the precision motion sensor g on players 

I remember him saying the puck tracking works but has not been approved by the league 

6 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

They have Pageau. I think I rather face Kucherov and Stamkos than JG Pageau. 😱

And Hedman, Vasislevski, Point....

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I really believe TB will massacre us. It’s the Isles or bust, assuming we survive Vegas. 

They said the same thing about the Leafs, then Winnipeg, now Vegas.

At this point in the run, we play whoever we play.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

They said the same thing about the Leafs, then Winnipeg, now Vegas.

At this point in the run, we play whoever we play.

We'll be an underdog no matter who we are playing. But so far the boys have been able to overcome every time -- although we have only won two against Vegas so far. If we can win this series, I'll be happy to watch the finals, no matter who the opposition, and then we'll see whether they can do it one more time.

Habs and Lighting have been on similar paths this semi-final … so I’m hoping this means Habs give the Knight a beat down tonight!!

Wow, thats wild. Merci beaucoup Pat Morris!!

The Habs would have a very a different Playoffs this year without Scory Perry.  

I cant help but wonder what teams they were and if the Habs played against 1 of them in the Playoffs?

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-corey-perry-waivers-1.1658487

• Like 1

Maybe Sens-Wings-Sabres?

But, interesting any team would drop a deal that they (must of) thought would make them better? But i suppose creates some good will between GMs for future dealings.

29 minutes ago, DON said:

Maybe Sens-Wings-Sabres?

But, interesting any team would drop a deal that they (must of) thought would make them better? But i suppose creates some good will between GMs for future dealings.

They might have been considering Perry as a depth piece in case of injuries, or something similar.

Love the game 7 development between TBL and NYI but also learning that Kuch will be playing hurt if they make it to the next round. 

The big 3 on our D know exactly where to target him too.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic