Jump to content

2022-23 NHL Discussion Thread


tomh009

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Perhaps dates back to when the President of the CHL was also a commissioner of one of the leagues ... giving the NHL control eliminated accusations of favouritism.

 

I don't know the exact time that the DoPS took over but that thought certainly makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nice.

Samuel Montembeault (Canada)

Date Opponent GA SF GAA SV%
May 12 LAT 0 23 0.00 1.000
May 14 SLO Did not play
May 15 SVK 1 24 0.92 .958
May 17 KAZ Did not play
May 20 SUI 3 26 3.10 .885
May 22 NOR Did not play
May 23 CZE 1 17 1.00 .941
May 25 FIN 1 28 1.00 .964
May 27 LAT 2 22 2.00 .909
May 28 GER        
Totals (5-1-0 record) 8 140 1.32 .943
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2023 at 10:12 AM, Helmethead said:

 

Welcome back stranger!!

How could you tell I was stranger!?

So hard to get away with anything these days... sheesh...🙄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toronthab said:

How could you tell I was stranger!?

So hard to get away with anything these days... sheesh...🙄

It’s true, it’s got to be hard getting any stranger! 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, tomh009 said:

It’s true, it’s got to be hard getting any stranger! 😂

Family and friends agree. 🙃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2023 at 11:01 PM, Toronthab said:

How could you tell I was stranger!?

So hard to get away with anything these days... sheesh...🙄

I am glad to see you posting again! 
I hope all is well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Treliving the new leaf GM…Please hire your old pal Sutter. 
 

I wonder what blockbuster he has cooking up? 

 

That's too bad, I still think he did a good job under horrible circumstances in Calgary. His real mistake was not firing Sutter. Treliving turned a sow's arse into a silk purse only to have Sutter turn it back to a sow's arse again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

That's too bad, I still think he did a good job under horrible circumstances in Calgary. His real mistake was not firing Sutter. Treliving turned a sow's arse into a silk purse only to have Sutter turn it back to a sow's arse again.

Wasn't his mistake. He left because ownership wouldn't fire Sutter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh well, it will still be fun to toss out 1967 ribbing for another year.

Old timer Leaf fans I almost feel sorry for... almost.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

That's too bad, I still think he did a good job under horrible circumstances in Calgary. His real mistake was not firing Sutter. Treliving turned a sow's arse into a silk purse only to have Sutter turn it back to a sow's arse again.

In think not being allowed to fire Sitter is why he probably quit, and than ownership realized Sutter had to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

In think not being allowed to fire Sitter is why he probably quit, and than ownership realized Sutter had to go.

Read/heard that more than one player had submitted trade demands because of Sutter ... so I expect that played a role as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn’t know that about Sutter. I thought he was Treliving’s guy. 
 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

That's too bad, I still think he did a good job under horrible circumstances in Calgary. His real mistake was not firing Sutter. Treliving turned a sow's arse into a silk purse only to have Sutter turn it back to a sow's arse again.

 

Gotta give the guy credit for the Tkachuk trade for sure. I thought we had another Gaudreau situation. 
 

Really curious to see what he does 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

In think not being allowed to fire Sitter is why he probably quit, and than ownership realized Sutter had to go.

 

Pity the franchise with meddling ownership. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Pity the franchise with meddling ownership. 

 

Now Treliving only has to worry about a meddling Team President who knows his job depends on what the owners want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I didn’t know that about Sutter. I thought he was Treliving’s guy. 

 

I think he was originally as Treliving was the one to bring him back.  However, I think he realized that how things went this season was untenable but ownership didn't want to pull the trigger at that time.  Treliving already was waffling on an extension before that and that might have been the final push out the door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

I think he was originally as Treliving was the one to bring him back.  However, I think he realized that how things went this season was untenable but ownership didn't want to pull the trigger at that time.  Treliving already was waffling on an extension before that and that might have been the final push out the door.


Ahh this makes the best sense of the situation. 
 

Thanks Brian 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

I think he was originally as Treliving was the one to bring him back.  However, I think he realized that how things went this season was untenable but ownership didn't want to pull the trigger at that time.  Treliving already was waffling on an extension before that and that might have been the final push out the door.

 

Numerous players who are coming up as UFAs in the next year or two also told ownership, if he's the coach, I'm not signing an extension and I want to be traded in the exit interviews and through their agents as well.  The players were in full scale revolt over Sutter. 

 

Lindholm was one, but there were more too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Numerous players who are coming up as UFAs in the next year or two also told ownership, if he's the coach, I'm not signing an extension and I want to be traded in the exit interviews and through their agents as well.  The players were in full scale revolt over Sutter. 

 

Lindholm was one, but there were more too. 

 

I'm pretty sure Backlund was one of the others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, GHT120 said:


Quinville to Toronto I bet too

 

Torts to Babcock doesn’t seem wise to me but what do I know. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...