Game #8 Oct. 28th 2023 Habs vs Jets 7pm

DON

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That penalty shot call was BULLSHIT

Yeah, pretty marginal.

One the other hand, the Jets' too many men should have been a double minor, with two extra guys on the ice! 🤪

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Anderson is a drag on that second line. He misses every frigging opportunity that Slaf gives him. 

There has been talk about the coaches working with him to use his teammates more and be more cerebral.  To me, it seems like he's doing that even less than usual this season.

Just now, dlbalr said:

There has been talk about the coaches working with him to use his teammates more and be more cerebral.  To me, it seems like he's doing that even less than usual this season.

Is "cerebral" really coachable?

9 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Everything is coachable, as long as the player is receptive to the coaching.

The player must not only be receptive but also has to have the capacity to learn ... when it comes to "cerebral" I'm not certain Anderson does ... he is 29, I doubt MSL is the first to try to get him to "think the game" better.

58 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I agree. He always seem like the unwanted third wheel on a date

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Too bad Caufield missed that open net in OT 

Guhle was spectacular 

Barron struggles in his own end a lot. Not sure how I feel about him long term. 

Allen was also very good. 

I thought he was going to get his third straight OT goal. I don’t know how many times he shot the puck and the Jets goalie didn’t seem to have any idea where the puck was.

totally agree about Guhle. Not sure how good of a shot he has at the NHL level, but he looks a lot more confident skating and carrying the puck into the offensive zone than last year - and he looked pretty good last year!.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Anyone catch what happened to Matheson?  He left early in the third and didn't return.

The regular Bell centre curse injury?

13 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Guhle was spectacular

Kovacevic had another great game, too. He and Matheson shut down the Jets' top line. And 23 minutes for Kovacevic (25 for Guhle). Kovacevic is a late bloomer, but he's looking like more than just a placeholder.

It was like watching a fantastic road win. The Jets outplayed us most of the night, but Allen was a wall, the team hung in there improbably, made a huge kill at the end and stole one. 👍

Nice to see Armia have his annual great game.

Caufield...yes, too bad about the blown one-timer in OT, but he is definitely hitting another level. He's all over the icea and consistently deadly.

Guhle, niiiice. Now don't get hurt. He blocked a shot and I was alarmed.

I love the fact that the Bell Centre gave Scheifle the business all night long. 😀 That's Montreal fans, baby!

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I love the fact that the Bell Centre gave Scheifle the business all night long. 😀 That's Montreal fans, baby!

Biggest ovation of the night when he failed to score on Allen in the shootout. 😂

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Biggest ovation of the night when he failed to score on Allen in the shootout. 😂

Ha haaa, and it compounded my mirth that his effort looked so confused. 

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Too bad Caufield missed that open net in OT 

Guhle was spectacular 

Barron struggles in his own end a lot. Not sure how I feel about him long term. 

Allen was also very good. 

I agree on all points.  I was definitely hoping Cole would end it in OT.  I thought Harris struggled tonight and was partially responsible for both Jets goals that happened seconds apart.  Not sure why MSL left them on the ice after the 1st weak goal.  

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Kovacevic had another great game, too. He and Matheson shut down the Jets' top line. And 23 minutes for Kovacevic (25 for Guhle). Kovacevic is a late bloomer, but he's looking like more than just a placeholder.

It's crazy that Kova hasn't scored yet.  He's had a ton on great chances.  It looks like he's better than most people think and he could be around for a while.  

I hope Armia keeps playing and putting up points.  

watched the recorded game, but fast-forwarded most of the 1st. TVA play-by-play guys were saying how Slaf was a turnover machine tonight. He didn't seem to me as being worse than Gallagher or Anderson.

Guhle was great, Allen was great, Monanhan had a great game too.

It is unexpected to see them in the top 10 of the league, despite all the injuries. When they loose. it has been bad, but their record is really good:

image.png