Pearson - White - Ylonen

Matheson - Guhle

Xhekaj - Savard

Harris - Kovacevic

Allen

Primeau

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Is it just coincidence that Allen is playing against a team that is supposedly in the market for a goalie? 

Oh that's no coincidence.  Let's hope he plays a decent game, and the Habs jettison him to New Jersey for ... anything.

Has anyone heard any rumours what the injury is to Struble?  I hope it's not serious, although I am glad to see Kovacevic back in the lineup.

6 minutes ago, habscout said:

Has anyone heard any rumours what the injury is to Struble?  I hope it's not serious, although I am glad to see Kovacevic back in the lineup.

They said it isnt as bad as 1st looked or speculated.

So assume is just 'day to day'.

40 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I forgot it was an earlier start. How is Armia playing? I am curious to read your impression

To be honest NJ is playing so bad it makes alot of our older slower guy look great.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I forgot it was an earlier start. How is Armia playing? I am curious to read your impression

He has looked fine in this one.  Nothing too noticeable one way or the other which can be said for a lot of players. 

Someone needs to remind both teams that there isn't a minimum pass rule, they're allowed to shoot without completing three passes first.  So many times we've seen both teams pass their way out of scoring lanes.

• Upvote 1

I may skip this game, watching LVL vs TOR instead.

Mysak is back, Davidson seems to playing well but the veteran core (Stephens, Maillet, Gignac, Paquette-Bison) need to play better

Yet another close game lost because of a late penalty in which they let in a goal.  It’s like the theme of this season.

On another note, is it just me or is anyone else having intermittent issues where you hit submit reply on this forum and the comment doesn’t appear?

That was an eventful third period for Matheson.  Beat by Hischier on the PPG, beat by Bratt on his goal, but then helped make up for it with the diving poke at the blueline to set up Suzuki's goal.  He pulled it off a second time after that but they couldn't tie it. 

Anderson's back to not being able to buy one after cranking one off the crossbar when it was still 3-2.  He's more than due again.

That had to be one of the least energetic games of the season.  That was tough to watch.

• Like 1

Just now, TurdBurglar said:

On another note, is it just me or is anyone else having intermittent issues where you hit submit reply on this forum and the comment doesn’t appear?

I've noticed a bit of a lag lately but after a few seconds, it has appeared. 

• Like 1

Crummy game to watch with the usual suspects being passengers.  Gallagher had his blind squirrel finding a nut moment, but promptly erased it with his lazy d zone play that gifted NJ a goal.  Potentially good for the tank though...let's hope the Sens win tonight.

Decent-ish game by Allen ... first two goals by players completely uncovered ... third on a semi-breakway given up when killing a penalty (?!?!?!?!) and the final when two players get beaten by end-to-end speed and effort, allowing the opponent to cut across most of the width of the ice right in front of the net.

New Jersey played  one of the cleanest games ever considering that ticky tack hook on suzuki was a penalty but not one single Devil managed a single penalty at the same level all game 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

To be honest, at this time of year, with the Habs out of a playoff spot, a loss in regulation doesn't exactly send me to the kleenex box to find a tissue to dry my eyes.  Go Sens. 

yes, Go Sens! GO JM and Alfredson!

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

That had to be one of the least energetic games of the season.  That was tough to watch.

It's a tradition going back to the Brodeur days that Habs-Devils games are snoozers that we lose.

2 hours ago, Neech said:

It's a tradition going back to the Brodeur days that Habs-Devils games are snoozers that we lose.

Couldn't watch this one because I was at a curling bonspiel...sounds like I picked a good one to skip