Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

2019 NHL Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

Yea, almost as many points as Drouin for half the price 

 

if i read the trade right all the players the leafs acquired have only 1 year left on the current deals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kadri has 30 goals playing as Toronto’s second centre prior to Tavares. He can produce so Colorado has found there second line centre.

 

Toronto needs to be able to design Barrie to a practical contract that will depend on how crazy Marners contract is. Be interesting what happens but this trade could look really good or really bad for Toronto in the next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chris said:

Yea, almost as many points as Drouin for half the price 

 

if i read the trade right all the players the leafs acquired have only 1 year left on the current deals 

 

Barrie has one year left, Kerfoot's a restricted free agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrie is awesome.  That was a smart trade. For the leafs.  Colorado is stacked with young defense prospects and have no forward depth, so this is a good move both ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate this trade. That's because it's a very good move for TO :1vomit: As usual, other teams find ways to fix major roster holes while our GM shrugs and says, 'it''s tough.'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good deal for both teams. The Avalanche can now maybe have 2 scoring lines instead of one boffo line and a cast of castaways. Everyone and their brother wanted Barrie gone. I thought it was kind of odd how many people here how soured on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I hate this trade. That's because it's a very good move for TO :1vomit: As usual, other teams find ways to fix major roster holes while our GM shrugs and says, 'it''s tough.'

ima happy for Nazim, I like him and now he is out of TO, I like him in public :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a great trade this year for the Leafs, but Barrie is UFA next year, as well as Jake Muzzin. Whereas Kadri has 3 years left on a great contract, that's why he has so much value. Colorado has their top two centers MacKinnon and Kadri locked up for about 11 million per year over that time, that is more impressive than the Leafs filling a hole for a season. I doubt anyone here would have liked to trade Gallagher for example, for a LD with an expiring contract. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, illWill said:

It is a great trade this year for the Leafs, but Barrie is UFA next year, as well as Jake Muzzin. Whereas Kadri has 3 years left on a great contract, that's why he has so much value. Colorado has their top two centers MacKinnon and Kadri locked up for about 11 million per year over that time, that is more impressive than the Leafs filling a hole for a season. 

It's a good point, but The leafs are trying to win today. Tomorrow will be dealt with tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great trade for both teams. 

 

Leafs are back in a win now situation. Their defence is basically a collection of out of town mercenaries. They sacrificed the best centre depth in the league and now have to hope they still got some jam in the forwards for the playoffs, which they kept losing due to Kadri suspensions. They can sign everyone now due to the Horton LTIR but they better hope the lesser known guys get better and someone stands out as a 3C. Barrie is a great long term fit for them but who knows what happens next summer.

 

Kadri going to Colorado is perfect. They have better savings on players than any other team. They now have a set 2C who will play with Landeskog and compare favourably to anyone in the Central. The Avalanche were in on Panarin so they might still be in the hunt for another winger. They could be scary. I just don't trust Grabauer. I think of them right now a lot like the 95-96 Avs before they got Roy and Keane. This is them getting their Claude Lemieux. I think the Avalanche could become the Golden State Warriors of the NHL if they can get a more reliable goaltender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Great trade for both teams. 

 

Leafs are back in a win now situation. Their defence is basically a collection of out of town mercenaries. They sacrificed the best centre depth in the league and now have to hope they still got some jam in the forwards for the playoffs, which they kept losing due to Kadri suspensions. They can sign everyone now due to the Horton LTIR but they better hope the lesser known guys get better and someone stands out as a 3C. Barrie is a great long term fit for them but who knows what happens next summer.

 

Kadri going to Colorado is perfect. They have better savings on players than any other team. They now have a set 2C who will play with Landeskog and compare favourably to anyone in the Central. The Avalanche were in on Panarin so they might still be in the hunt for another winger. They could be scary. I just don't trust Grabauer. I think of them right now a lot like the 95-96 Avs before they got Roy and Keane. This is them getting their Claude Lemieux. I think the Avalanche could become the Golden State Warriors of the NHL if they can get a more reliable goaltender. 

 

Good trade for Toronto for this season.. which really sucks.

Toronto is arguably better than they were last year, Florida looks to be better (who knows with Bob), and Boston and Tampa are still Boston and Tampa..

 

Hopefully we can get Aho and sign a LD (Gardiner?)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

 

Good trade for Toronto for this season.. which really sucks.

Toronto is arguably better than they were last year, Florida looks to be better (who knows with Bob), and Boston and Tampa are still Boston and Tampa..

 

Hopefully we can get Aho and sign a LD (Gardiner?)...

 

Better? Doubtful..

 

They just subtracted Kadri, Gardiner, Marleau, Brown, Zaitsev,  Hainsey, Ennis

 

And Added Barrie, Ceci, Kerfoot, Spezza

 

That is a loss of roster depth and potential cumulative scoring totals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Link67 said:

 

Better? Doubtful..

 

They just subtracted Kadri, Gardiner, Marleau, Brown, Zaitsev,  Hainsey, Ennis

 

And Added Barrie, Ceci, Kerfoot, Spezza

 

That is a loss of roster depth and potential cumulative scoring totals 

 

And Nylander for the full 82 instead of the 50+ he played last year.

 

Toronto will absolutely finish with more points than they did last year.. their top end talent is good enough to make up for the bottom 6. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will all depend on how anderson plays. He's the key with that team. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

It will all depend on how anderson plays. He's the key with that team. 

It will. But I think they have a better team in front of him.  I also think this is Babcok’s show me year. I’d they don’t go further he will be fired.  MB isn’t the GM there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BlueKross said:

Day 2- Worse than the first- NADA- MIA

 

At least Gardiner is still out there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also lost 2 first rounders a second and a third? (Plus rosen)

They still dont have enough to sign Marner I believe if 

Kerfoot 3 rfa

Ceci 4.5 rfa

Leaves only 8.5 for marner

 

Barrie will want 7+ next season so he'll be gone

Muzzin will want at least 6 so he might be gone as well because they will gave to anticipate paying Anderson 7 million a year later.

 

They can't afford that unless they move Nylander to... so ya 

 

To me they are depleting the depth they incurred during 10+ years of horrible hockey results and will be in cap purgatory yearly.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muzzin won't be back and Sandin will replace him.

 

Barrie, depending on his season, Leafs will try to re-sign. 

 

Never forget the Horton contract giving Leafs LTIR room. You can go 10% over cap in the offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They only have 8.5 million to sign Marner this season (with Horton’s LTIR). IIve read Sandin and Lindgren are not NHL ready let alone becoming the #2/#3 on a contender. I stand by my belief that the leafs once Marner is signed will continue to deplete their depth... 

 

Muzzin UFA 6.5+

Barrie UFA (cant even afford his current salary of 5 let alone the 7+

Ceci UFA 5+

 

Anderson UFA the following year 8/9+

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cousins signing probably means the end for Hudon with the CH.

I hope McCarron signs an AHL or two-way contract 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-02 at 9:22 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I hate this trade. That's because it's a very good move for TO :1vomit: As usual, other teams find ways to fix major roster holes while our GM shrugs and says, 'it''s tough.'

Don't forget the end of year line nothing wrong with the roster......its in between their heads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like McCarron didn't sign for arbitration which means he is an UFA (right?)

 

I would not mind signing him as an AHLer , I believe he can be a good captain for Laval 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Seems like McCarron didn't sign for arbitration which means he is an UFA (right?)

 

I would not mind signing him as an AHLer , I believe he can be a good captain for Laval 

 

Not filing doesn't make him unrestricted.  (If it did, no one would file for arbitration - they'd all elect free agency.)  I'd like to see him on an AHL deal myself but it's probably not going to happen unless they pay him a huge AHL salary to forego an NHL deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...