Injury news

Commandant

All the more reason to acquire a quality stabilizing D-man with a physical element to his game. Bergevin's off-season will be measured primarily by the degree to which he achieves this, in my book.

• 1 month later...

All the more reason to acquire a quality stabilizing D-man with a physical element to his game. Bergevin's off-season will be measured primarily by the degree to which he achieves this, in my book.

My therapist said more stability could be very good for me. And that was weeks before he shot himself.

Agreed. On my list is a proper solid 4th line center, too. Im tired of the Moore, Smolinski Metropolit & Halpern's of the world.

Too bad Lapierre didn't go to the Bergeron school of faceoffs.

Anyone know if Gionta is 100%?

There are a lot of conflicting reports with him as his injury isn't a short-term one. Based on what I've read, he's probably iffy for camp although his timeline is better than Emelin's, even in the worst case scenarios.

There are a lot of conflicting reports with him as his injury isn't a short-term one. Based on what I've read, he's probably iffy for camp although his timeline is better than Emelin's, even in the worst case scenarios.

I thought his surgery had a 4-5 month recovery time?

Agreed. On my list is a proper solid 4th line center, too. Im tired of the Moore, Smolinski Metropolit & Halpern's of the world.

Too bad Lapierre didn't go to the Bergeron school of faceoffs.

Don't forget Enquists and Nokkeleinen

I'm sure it deserves its own thread, or at the very least, a continuation of an older one, but Blake Geoffrion has confirm his retirement. Poor kid.

We've been following his progress in the thread with the initial report that he was considering retiring.

Isn't he retiring ?

Malhotra's not retiring of his own free will if he is retiring. The Canucks wouldn't let him play because they said his vision is endangering is safety. So he may not pass the required physical to play for another team.

Malhotra's not retiring of his own free will if he is retiring. The Canucks wouldn't let him play because they said his vision is endangering is safety. So he may not pass the required physical to play for another team.

and if he does he will get hurt very bad this year.

I'm not sure who said it but last year an NHLer said they let up on him a few times in the neutral zone because they knew about his injury but one day someone might not be as considerate.

and if he does he will get hurt very bad this year.

I'm not sure who said it but last year an NHLer said they let up on him a few times in the neutral zone because they knew about his injury but one day someone might not be as considerate.

How do you know he will get hurt bad? If Malhotra gets smoked a few times i am sure he might reconsider, but he seems quite keen on playing again. But i am sure he could be signed cheap and if dosent work out, no big deal.

But adding Briere @45% faceoff success, it leaves only White as an OK faceoff guy.

Chara lets up on every small player in the league every game, so that is kind of irrelevent, i think aim of the game is to outscore the other team, not to maime other players. Again, if Chara charged at unsuspecting forwards as Kromwall, Phaneuf, Lucic or Subban do, it wouldnt be a pretty sight.

Chara lets up on every small player in the league every game, so that is kind of irrelevent, i think aim of the game is to outscore the other team, not to maime other players. Again, if Chara charged at unsuspecting forwards as Kromwall, Phaneuf, Lucic or Subban do, it wouldnt be a pretty sight.

You must be speaking of a different Chara than I watch. He held up so much on Max that he broke his neck. I also recall him skating 200 ft to pummell Emelin a guy who can't fight due to injury. As far as I am concerned he is no different than any other mongoloid out there. But he is a good defenceman. :habslogo:

• Upvote 2

How do you know he will get hurt bad? If Malhotra gets smoked a few times i am sure he might reconsider, but he seems quite keen on playing again. But i am sure he could be signed cheap and if dosent work out, no big deal.

But adding Briere @45% faceoff success, it leaves only White as an OK faceoff guy.

You are correct I don't know but I'd hazard a guess as to that being the result of him coming back.

Sure guys let up but remember this game is fast and mistakes are made.

• 3 weeks later...

As I'm reading up on the teams for the Lake Placid tournament (see the prospects forum for details), I came across this about Hudon:

Habs' prospect Charles Hudon says his back isn't 100% but he doesn't expect that to slow him down at this week's Canadian jr dev camp

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/364077339405066240

This appears to be the same back injury he sustained in the pre-tourney games last December. Granted, we don't know how far off of 100% his back is (it could be 90, 95%) but this is a tad concerning nonetheless. Obviously he was able to finish the season in junior and play in Hamilton but will this be a lingering concern moving forward?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Stogey24

Some injury tidbits from the golf tourney:

• Emelin could be out past November
  • Gionta may miss the start of the year - if he does, he shouldn't miss much time
  • Parros (undisclosed) may also miss the beginning of the season
What happened to Parros?