Injury news

Commandant

6 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

We’ll also much for my optimism of us having potentially five 20 goal scorers this season!

same here. Newhook needed Dach to reach 20 goals; not at center, I am not sure. Same for Slafkovsky, who falls to the 12-15 range.

Monahan may help them keep a good competitive level, but his game is different and I do not believe it would make Newhook and Slafkovsky as productive

4 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t have Monohan, Slafkovsky, or Roy, but had Anderson.

I had Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Anderson and either MOnahan or Slafkovsky depending on which situations they are played in (PP, o-zone starts, top-6, etc)

On 10/16/2023 at 1:41 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah. From what he showed in that first game, I thought he may be able unsurp Suzuki from the top line by the end of the year.

now I’m just hoping he isn’t going to end up being one of those players who never reach their potential because of constant injuries. Has he had an injury free year yet?

[removed by moderator]

Suzuki is a prove player, leader and rises to any challenge. The perfect 1C for a market like Mtl.

Dach showed half a season of potential and you’re yapping about his usurping Suzuki.  That’s ignorant to the realities and also super dismissive of everything Suzuki has done and continues to do.   Such a stupid thing to say.

On 10/17/2023 at 9:12 AM, hockeyrealist said:

[removed by moderator]

Suzuki is a prove player, leader and rises to any challenge. The perfect 1C for a market like Mtl.

Dach showed half a season of potential and you’re yapping about his usurping Suzuki.  That’s ignorant to the realities and also super dismissive of everything Suzuki has done and continues to do.   Such a stupid thing to say.

Yeah, take it easy, friend. It is legitimate to ask whether Suzuki is a bona-fide #1C on a strong club, as opposed to a #1A. I believe close statistical analysis suggests the latter is true, at least so far in his career. Don't get me wrong, I love him as a player. But Dach does (did?) indeed have the potential to be on a par with him at least, and being tougher to play against. Now, I am pessimistic he will ever fulfill that potential due to injury. But Habs29's position was reasonable. Optimistic but reasonable. Given that Habs29 is not known for his optimism, it's too bad injury will prevent Dach from proving him right (or wrong).

• Upvote 2

[removed by moderator]

That's pretty aggressive. I agree with him. Dach hasn't, but could take that top c position. He has all of the tools. The potential is there. This is a huge setback.

• Upvote 3

@hab29RETIRED isn’t the only one who sees a potential #1 C in Dach. 

I thought that if Dach had great line mates this season and IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY UGGGGG that he might put up more points than Suzuki, even this year. 

And after watching Dach, Newhook, Slafkovsky I think that possibility was real. 

Also Dach is only 22 and Suzuki is 24. At worst we have a strong 1a 1b thing. 

PLEASE STAY HEALTHY KIRBY

• Upvote 3

[removed by moderator]

Whaaa?

Holy fu*kin overreaction.

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

we are all frustrated with the Dach injury... he was trending very high no doubt

Yeah, I'm totally demoralized about it. A few more injuries and I think we'll need to start asking whether there is a Curse of Patrick Roy on this organization or something. 

• Like 1

[removed by moderator]

[removed by moderator] Did I see I didn’t like Suzuki, was dismissive of him,  or that Dach should be captain? What I said is the way Dach was playing he could be better than Suzuki and he was showing that he could control the game like no one else on the habs can. He looks to have the highest ceiling, skill and has the size to be a dominant centre like Draisaitl. Whether he can be a consistent player and put those types of numbers is the question. 

in my annual prediction i have Suzuki with 86 or 87 points. In thought Dach would be over 70 points this year and could be our first 100 point guy since Naslund. 

and as a habs fan I see that as a good thing? [removed by moderator]

Going on the ignore list!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, take it easy, friend. It is legitimate to ask whether Suzuki is a bona-fide #1C on a strong club, as opposed to a #1A. I believe close statistical analysis suggests the latter is true, at least so far in his career. Don't get me wrong, I love him as a player. But Dach does (did?) indeed have the potential to be on a par with him at least, and being tougher to play against. Now, I am pessimistic he will ever fulfill that potential due to injury. But Habs29's position was reasonable. Optimistic but reasonable. Given that Habs29 is not known for his optimism, it's too bad injury will prevent Dach from proving him right (or wrong).

Yeah, one good game a half of a decent season is way too early to be talking about Dach usurping Suzuki.

Hans have been lacking a great centre for years, finally have one and people are bitching about Dach (soft as ten ply) not geting chance to become the number one C when he has had a chance and blown it multiple

times.   Soft.

10 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

[removed by moderator] Did I see I didn’t like Suzuki, was dismissive of him,  or that Dach should be captain? What I said is the way Dach was playing he could be better than Suzuki and he was showing that he could control the game like no one else on the habs can. He looks to have the highest ceiling, skill and has the size to be a dominant centre like Draisaitl. Whether he can be a consistent player and put those types of numbers is the question. 

in my annual prediction i have Suzuki with 86 or 87 points. In thought Dach would be over 70 points this year and could be our first 100 point guy since Naslund. 

[removed by moderator]

10 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

[removed by moderator]

3 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

[removed by moderator]

BOOoooo, adding this bit dosent help, unless your trying to really prove something.

Anyways, i didnt even see how Guhle got injured, just heard "he is headed to dressing room."

Wildass guess it is shoulder or knee injury? Very minor we all hope obviously and he just pulled for precautionary reasons on advice from new medical staff.

53 minutes ago, DON said:

Anyways, i didnt even see how Guhle got injured, just heard "he is headed to dressing room."

Wildass guess it is shoulder or knee injury? Very minor we all hope obviously and he just pulled for precautionary reasons on advice from new medical staff.

Hopefully not the knee again. 

50 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Hopefully not the knee again. 

It would be heartening to see a risk-averse strategy from our medical staff, erring on the side of not aggravating injuries etc. Hopefully it's just that, but at this point I really feel like the hockey gods are determined to punish us and destroy our rebuild by decimating our best young talent.

Regarding the fit of name-calling - that's not the Habsworld I know or want to be part of. 

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It would be heartening to see a risk-averse strategy from our medical staff, erring on the side of not aggravating injuries etc. Hopefully it's just that, but at this point I really feel like the hockey gods are determined to punish us and destroy our rebuild by decimating our best young talent.

Regarding the fit of name-calling - that's not the Habsworld I know or want to be part of. 

I just read in 10 thoughts where the Habs said it was an upper body injury which I guess is not a bad thing, better than another knee injury.  

Name calling is for kids who haven't matured yet, don't want to be part of that either.    

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I don’t either, but I’m not going to silently when someone goes off on my opinion like the so-called “realist” did. I don’t have an issue with someone not agreeing with my opinion, but I’m not going to sit silently with that kind of abuse. I’ve been suspended for a lot less than that, and have been here a long time, but maybe it’s time to find another forum.

15 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t either, but I’m not going to silently when someone goes off on my opinion like the so-called “realist” did. I don’t have an issue with someone not agreeing with my opinion, but I’m not going to sit silently with that kind of abuse. I’ve been suspended for a lot less than that, and have been here a long time, but maybe it’s time to find another forum.

Or report the post when someone goes over the line

• Like 1