October 22 - Canadiens vs Stars - 7:00 pm EDT

GHT120

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

F**cking Drouin....useless SOB

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Ugh, complete defensive Gong Show “led” by veteran leader Drouin 🙄

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

As useless as Drouin is in his own zone, he's not as bad as Dadanov is like everywhere.

Wish he was the only one to blame for that goal

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Gordie Howe hat trick for Xhekaj tonight?

Stars high pressure is causing fits for us at times. 

I want OT so come on Caufield 

The Arbiter is proving he a lot more than just a fighter 

Guhle unable to keep the puck in the Stars zone on the PP.  I found that ironic because he seems to be very adept out at the other teams blueline and being able to keep the puck in when pressured.  Same with Harris. 

D'oh, Pavelski gets his 3rd. 

13 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I guess we knew there would be nights like this...

Barring a TREMENDOUS comeback, my interest will be to see how they come back next game.

14 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The whole team was a little off and I don’t think anyone played terribly nor did anyone play great. 

Ya, and it was odd because even though the Stars scored 5 I wouldn't say that Allen played bad.  Pavelski had 3 great shots.  Dach is the likely the main reason why they lost because of his bad penalty.  Dach was also out of position when Wideman and Xhekaj were both behind the goal line on the other goal.   Anderson was sort of out of position too but not as bad as Dach. 

They seemed to have deviated from their usual plan in this game.  Does anyone know what the time of possession was in this game and the others?  I'm guessing it was their worst yet this season. 

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

I was 99% sure Gallagher would not score on that breakaway.

I'm impressed that he's actually able to skate that well. There is a definite improvement from last year.

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The effort was there again, the Stars are just a little more polished. Xhekaj is making it difficult for the Habs to send him down when the other defensemen get healthy. 

It will be a tough call between the 3. Harris is quietly efficient. Guhle has looked fantastic. Arber is making an impact without hurting the team. Send kovasayvich sic and Wideman down?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

It will be a tough call between the 3. Harris is quietly efficient. Guhle has looked fantastic. Arber is making an impact without hurting the team. Send kovasayvich sic and Wideman down?

Ya, it will difficult to choose because they are all playing well, but I would keep Xhekaj on the team.  All the Leafs and Sens players are scared of him.  The Habs should keep playing him for that to become all teams. 

Wideman would need to be sent down and afaik the other would basically have to be Harris.  Harris > #26, but #26 has to go through waivers and the Jets would claim him (or another team).  Unfortunately for Harris he is the only 1 that can play RD that is waiver exempt and can be sent up n down.  

I'm somewhat loathing the return of Matheson.

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The whole team was a little off and I don’t think anyone played terribly nor did anyone play great. 

I would advocate to move Monahan back with Dach. His minutes are much harder when playing with Suzuki, facing top lines and Dmen. 

but Monahan makes the top line better, why change that?

4 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Ya, and it was odd because even though the Stars scored 5 I wouldn't say that Allen played bad.  Pavelski had 3 great shots.  Dach is the likely the main reason why they lost because of his bad penalty.  Dach was also out of position when Wideman and Xhekaj were both behind the goal line on the other goal.   Anderson was sort of out of position too but not as bad as Dach. 

They seemed to have deviated from their usual plan in this game.  Does anyone know what the time of possession was in this game and the others?  I'm guessing it was their worst yet this season. 

I thought the same, but it seems some believe it was Drouin's failt more than anything. :spamafote:

I thought that the heavy grinding play by the Starts wore down the young Habs. The PK was less effective this time, which moves it closer to their normal.

It's much better to finish the season with 70 points than 80. 

Berkshire postgame brought up a good point: the linesman should have retrieved the broken stick that ruined Dadonov's breakaway and Gallagher ended up getting hurt on. Irresponsible officiating.

45 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I want Monahan to play easier minutes so he has more opportunities to score. 

I really want another first round pick at the deadline. 

This logic seems backwards. I am fairly confident he would produce more given a full season on the top line versus a lower line.

I also wonder how the conversation would go between you and Monahan should you ever meet in person (which obviously likely would not happen).

*Prime Minister walks down Av. des Canadiens-de-Montréal in a Koivu Jersey when Sean Monahan spots him*

Monahan: Go Habs Go! Nice jersey!

Prime Minister: Thank you. Koivu was a legend.

Monahan: He sure was. I’m so happy to be back and healthy again, and playing for this organization is simply a blessing with all the history surrounding it. Hopefully we can build something here over the next couple of years.

Prime Minister: Well… actually… I was hoping to get a first round pick for your services in order to help speed that process up.

Monahan: *Blocked*