Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I really cant see us selling the farm this year at the trade deadline but i can see us trading a few of our 2nd or 3rd rounders, so on that train of thought

would you rather

morrow for a 2nd plus a prospect if they would trade him

or

clowe for a 3rd plus a prospect

and on the d side of the puck

douglas murray for a 3rd

or

ryan whitney for a 3rd

I know the trades would be a lot more complicated and i am probably wrong on what it would cost, but i could see us doing a couple of trades similar to these if we are still looking this good come trade deadline. Just wondering what fellow fans would rather have.

I agree with JoeL, in that I would be tempted to leave well enough alone. However, I wouldn't hate it if MB made a move, but pick plus prospect really depends on who the prospect. is..generally not in favor of 2 for 1 unless we are getting the 2 or winning the trade by miles.

What are peoples opinions on

Dubinsky and Boll?

Overpaid and overrated. Dubinsky is a 2nd liner at best with a big money deal while Boll can fight but can't log minutes and has an injury history. I know getting a fighter is all the rage right now but I'd stay away from him.

It's going to cost a 1st round pick and a prospect to get either Clowe or Clarkson. No way do I do that.

I prefer Morrow, Moore, Cullen or Goc. For defense I still like Streit for the power play.

What are peoples opinions on

Dubinsky and Boll?

Dubinsky gets 4.2 million... for the same length of time as Erik Cole.

He's not as good as Cole.

We moved Cole to save his contract, to free up space for next year.

I can't see grabbing Dubi for those reasons.

Boll is a punching bag.

It's going to cost a 1st round pick and a prospect to get either Clowe or Clarkson. No way do I do that.

I prefer Morrow, Moore, Cullen or Goc. For defense I still like Streit for the power play.

the only question i have about striet is how many guys we gonna have on this power play? subban markov diaz and streit , that would be quite a power play.

the only question i have about striet is how many guys we gonna have on this power play? subban markov diaz and streit , that would be quite a power play.

And really, how many power plays will we get in the playoffs?

Markov-Subban on 1st unit, Streit-Diaz on 2nd. That's quite the formidable D-pairing - all have blasts from the point.

Montreal is tops in the league for getting powerplays, it's still important in the playoffs. I see no reason not to bolster it. Plus, Streit is a good d-man, certainly an upgrade over Bouillon, Weber, Kaberle, Pateryn.

That sir is the most important question.

You still get quite a bit in the playoffs. "Referees put the whistle away" is a bit of a misnomer these days. LA played 20 games and got 94 PP opportunities last post-season. This season they have played 25 regular season games and have received 93 PP opportunities.

I can't see MB doing it either. I do see a depth move for a second or third pick or for a prospect that MB believes does not fit our future (who? no idea.) Not only would trading a first go against his apparent plan and philosophy, he also has been around long enough to see that the mega-deadline deals seldom pay off for the buyers.

The race for playoffs is WAAAAAY too tight in the West to even think about who's gonna be sellers right now. Even the worst team is only 6 pts away from the playoffs.

I can't see MB doing it either. I do see a depth move for a second or third pick or for a prospect that MB believes does not fit our future (who? no idea.) Not only would trading a first go against his apparent plan and philosophy, he also has been around long enough to see that the mega-deadline deals seldom pay off for the buyers.

I really don't know their status, but I believe either one of the Foligno brothers would meet MB's criteria.

All this talk and nobody talking Iginla?

Ryder - Plekanec - Bourque
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gionta

Iginla -Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Eller - Kristo

Love to see those lines. Kristo will be available soon. Sit Moen and White unless we need to get physical. Waive Niko when and if he comes back or toss him in the package to the Flames. They will want a top prospect and a pick I would think. Weber and a 2nd? Not likely, Beaulieau a 2nd, maybe. Toss in Niko to fill in for Iggy the rest of the season....

I am not big on rentals, but we have a ton of defence prospects, and Tinordi is the no touch one of the top 2. With three second rounders we can spare one. Never been a Niko fan.

Markov-Subban on 1st unit, Streit-Diaz on 2nd. That's quite the formidable D-pairing - all have blasts from the point.

Montreal is tops in the league for getting powerplays, it's still important in the playoffs. I see no reason not to bolster it. Plus, Streit is a good d-man, certainly an upgrade over Bouillon, Weber, Kaberle, Pateryn.

IF we get Streit it'll be Markov-Streit and Diaz-Subban. Markov-Streit were a force to be reckoned with before Streit was let go. I'm sure the trade deadline to the end of the season would eb long enough to get that chemistry back. I'm not sure why people believe Markov-Subban works. Our PP took a clear dip when Markov plays with Subban. Markov-Diaz was incredible. Actually if Subban decides to pass Subban-Streit would be pretty good as both have cannons from the point and if I remember correctly, Streit is a lefty while Subban is a righty.

All this talk and nobody talking Iginla?

Ryder - Plekanec - Bourque

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gionta

Iginla -Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Prust - Eller - Kristo

Love to see those lines. Kristo will be available soon. Sit Moen and White unless we need to get physical. Waive Niko when and if he comes back or toss him in the package to the Flames. They will want a top prospect and a pick I would think. Weber and a 2nd? Not likely, Beaulieau a 2nd, maybe. Toss in Niko to fill in for Iggy the rest of the season....

I am not big on rentals, but we have a ton of defence prospects, and Tinordi is the no touch one of the top 2. With three second rounders we can spare one. Never been a Niko fan.

If we thing Clarkson and Clowe will be too high of a price, Iginla is going to be even higher. I would imagine Calgary would be looking for a roster player, good prospect and at least a 2nd. His price tag will be the highest of all the players that are speculated to move. While it would be nice to get Iginla, MB already said he's not willing to mortgage the farm for a Cup this year.

Personally, I think Vancouver is the team that should make a play for Streit. Their PP has been terrible and they've never really looked the same since losing Ehrhoff. That's a team that is beginning to fear that its window is suddenly closing. They need to make a big move and go for it IMHO.

Yeah, guys like Iginla are going to come way too dear. Clarkson is very interesting, though, because of the specific team need that he would so spectacularly fill. With a guy like that in the lineup - a heavy-hitting dude who can do some quality time in the top-6 if necessary - we'd be better placed to beat teams in different ways. That would be a great acquisition and one that might actually be worth moving a quality pick for.

Personally, I think Vancouver is the team that should make a play for Streit. Their PP has been terrible and they've never really looked the same since losing Ehrhoff. That's a team that is beginning to fear that its window is suddenly closing. They need to make a big move and go for it IMHO.

Yeah, guys like Iginla are going to come way too dear. Clarkson is very interesting, though, because of the specific team need that he would so spectacularly fill. With a guy like that in the lineup - a heavy-hitting dude who can do some quality time in the top-6 if necessary - we'd be better placed to beat teams in different ways. That would be a great acquisition and one that might actually be worth moving a quality pick for.

I'm not sure Streit could add much more than Garrison does to the Canucks. Maybe a little more unpredictability, but as for the shot, Garrison's is a little more dangerous than Streit's.

While we need another big winger, preferably right, the question will remain who gets bumped from the top 9? Gionta? Ryder? Gallagher? Which one of these, if untraded, goes down to the 4th line? My personal opinion is get a top 6 guy like Clarkson and put him on the 4th, but get a center for him too, so we could roll Prust-Center-Clarkson as one of our top lines. Then if an injury occurs we could fit Clarkson in the top 9. I think a lot of us, me included, are focusing on the line number. I think we need to make moves to make use have 4 dangerous lines. This way if one line isn't performing, we can adjust ice-time accordingly.

An example:

Bourque - Pleks - Gionta

Wolvie - DD - Clarkson/Ryder

Chucky - Moore - Gally

Prust - Eller - Ryder/Clarkson

Roll all 4 lines with the intention of 15 mins each of icetime. Separate DD and Gally for size reasons only. Keep the rookies together, so if the under perform they can get a little less icetime. Give them a defensive center. This setup has 2 lines with 3 players capable of putting up points, and 2 lines with 2 players capable of putting up points, one on each line more defensively, with the bottom line fairly defensive.

So Eklund has Montreal as the top destination for Jay Bouwmeester. How does that even make sense? Bouwmeester still has 2 years at $6.68M. With Markov, Subban, Diaz and Gorges here to stay, Bouillon will probably sign again next year, not to mention Tinordi & Beaulieu on the way up soon - where does Bouwmeester fit in (playing time & salary wise)?

So Eklund has Montreal as the top destination for Jay Bouwmeester. How does that even make sense? Bouwmeester still has 2 years at $6.68M. With Markov, Subban, Diaz and Gorges here to stay, Bouillon will probably sign again next year, not to mention Tinordi & Beaulieu on the way up soon - where does Bouwmeester fit in (playing time & salary wise)?

Eklund is in the business of bringing traffic to his website, not in the business of hockey journalism. The less likely a trade, the more people will talk about it. Hockeyy Insiderr is the same way.

Eklund is in the business of bringing traffic to his website, not in the business of hockey journalism. The less likely a trade, the more people will talk about it. Hockeyy Insiderr is the same way.

I'm not sure why everyone is so high on Bowmeester. Yes the guy plays a ton of minutes, but the guy has NEVER been in the playoffs. He's played on some lousy teams, but he has never been able to make his teams better - even in Junior.

I'm not sure why everyone is so high on Bowmeester. Yes the guy plays a ton of minutes, but the guy has NEVER been in the playoffs. He's played on some lousy teams, but he has never been able to make his teams better - even in Junior.

He played in Florida for a pretty long time and those were some terrible teams before they got Dale Tallon. Even now with Tallon the team has shown that last season was a bit of a fluke (injuries haven't helped either).

You put Bowmeester on Boston and it isn't like the Bruins will suddenly miss the playoffs.

He played in Florida for a pretty long time and those were some terrible teams before they got Dale Tallon. Even now with Tallon the team has shown that last season was a bit of a fluke (injuries haven't helped either).

You put Bowmeester on Boston and it isn't like the Bruins will suddenly miss the playoffs.

haha

In fact, to play him on Boston's lineup, you have to toss out Chara or Boychuk/Seidenberg. So yes, they might miss the playoffs. :)