Jump to content

Game 3, Maple Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM


dlbalr
 Share

Recommended Posts

usa_today_15981287.0.jpg
 

https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/28/full/3058_toronto_maple_leafs-jersey-2017.png https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/16/full/6368_montreal_canadiens-jersey-2000.png

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Foligno - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Thornton - Spezza - Simmonds

 

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Bogosian

 

Campbell

Tatar - Danault - Anderson
Armia - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Byron - Perry

 

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Merrill

 

Price

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

MA Godin reports

 

Anderson Suzuki CAUFIELD

Toffoli KK Gallagher

Lehks Danault Byron

Tatar Evans Armia

 

Edmundson Petry

Chiaror Weber

ROMANOV kulak

Can’t be with Evans in there ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

MA Godin reports

 

Anderson Suzuki CAUFIELD

Toffoli KK Gallagher

Lehks Danault Byron

Tatar Evans Armia

 

Edmundson Petry

Chiaror Weber

ROMANOV kulak

 

I think those were his preferred lines if everyone was healthy.  Evans has already been ruled out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Get Armia to take those faceoffs -- he's as effective on those as Staal is.

 

I wouldn't say that.  Armia is 6/22 (27.2%) on faceoffs this season while Staal was 99/195 (50.8%) following the trade.  In terms of success rate on faceoffs, Armia is dead last on the Habs outside of Perry who was 0/6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huge game tonight

 

Excited to see Caufield play

 

Hope they play physical

 

Wish Covid didn't exist and I'd be there to watch

 

Why am I writing like this

 

Go Habs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm never unhappy to see Caufield play, but if I was the Coach I think I'd wait before I'd put him in.  i.e. in Poker, if you have an ace up your sleeve, do you use it early on to win a small pot?  Or - do you hold onto it and use it to win the entire table? 

 

Personally, I'd hold off playing Caufield because the series is tied right now.  i.e. they dont really need him yet so I'd wait to see what happens this game.  If the Habs lose and are down in the series then bring him in.   If he wasnt playing tonight and the Habs win I'd still wait until they are leading by 2 games.  Then I'd play him so he can come in and win the 4th game.  

 

Either way, it will be huge if the Habs win both of these home games.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm never unhappy to see Caufield play, but if I was the Coach I think I'd wait before I'd put him in.  i.e. in Poker, if you have an ace up your sleeve, do you use it early on to win a small pot?  Or - do you hold onto it and use it to win the entire table? 

 

Personally, I'd hold off playing Caufield because the series is tied right now.  i.e. they dont really need him yet so I'd wait to see what happens this game.  If the Habs lose and are down in the series then bring him in.   If he wasnt playing tonight and the Habs win I'd still wait until they are leading by 2 games.  Then I'd play him so he can come in and win the 4th game.  

 

Either way, it will be huge if the Habs win both of these home games.  

 

If you wait to bring in Caulfield it could be too late. The Habs have scored 3 goals in 2 games, they need him NOW!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hockey isn't poker. 

 

Using your ace doesn't mean you can't keep using him in game 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in this series... 

 

That's the main difference, you bring in Caufield early and you can use him for this pot, but then he is still in your hand and you can still use him in game 7 too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Hockey isn't poker. 

 

Using your ace doesn't mean you can't keep using him in game 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in this series... 

 

That's the main difference, you bring in Caufield early and you can use him for this pot, but then he is still in your hand and you can still use him in game 7 too. 

 

That is true, but a 7 game series cannot be won or lost in Game 3.  Theoretically, if Caulfield comes in and gets a hat trick will the Leafs really remain oblivious to him?  Of course not, they will be certain to cover him in the rest of the games in the series.  Using a proverbial ace up the sleeve like Caufield is a coup de grace maneuver - and he'll only get to surprise them once.   

 

Playing him tonight sorta wreaks of desperation, and why are they desperate in Game 3 of a tied series?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m nervous 😬 

 

We need a line to step up and cause havoc every shift. Lots of speed and heavy physicality. 
 

Price we need an all star performance 

 

Toffoli we need a goal or two

 

Perry, where did you go? Was it Staal? Let’s hope it was just Staal. 
 

Suzy, Caufield are gonna develop chemistry and rule the NHL for years. 
 

Go Habs Go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the warmup:

 

Lehkonen Danault Anderson

Toffoli Kotkaniemi Gallagher

Armia Evans Caufield

Tatar Byron Perry

 

Edmundson Petry

Chiarot Weber

Kulak Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

No foligno for leafs 👍

 

With him and, especially, Tavares out. the Habs really have no excuse...the Leafs are unlikely to be more vulnerable than they are right now.

 

Happy to see Caufield - we need goals. point final - and agree with Commandant that we should be dressing Romanov too.

 

But it's the established forwards (Gally, Tatar, Suzuki) who need to start doing some damage. And FFS stay out of the box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...