Scheifele gets four games!

21 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Was expecting 3. 

Was hoping for 5. 

Will settle for 4. 

I was expecting maybe, one or two, but thought he still deserved, more than the four he got.

Interesting theory based on a conversation with another member. 

NHL is currently dealing with Khadri appeals. If The Evans hit resulted in nothing, it would undermine that appeal. 

Did these 4 games get handed out for that reason alone?

Either way the Jets are missing a very good player. But then again, so are we

• Like 1

If we accept that one playoff game counts for 2-3 regular season games, then this makes a degree of sense. I am shocked to say that about anything the NHL’s Player Unsafety Department does.

All right boys. They will be missing one of their best players for the next four games. Time to win some games!

Ideal scenario is that this series goes to 6 games and we eliminate the Jets on the same night Scheifele comes back. Of course, our boys would also take the opportunity to remind him not too subtely of what he did!!

2 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

All right boys. They will be missing one of their best players for the next four games. Time to win some games!

Ideal scenario is that this series goes to 6 games and we eliminate the Jets on the same night Scheifele comes back. Of course, our boys would also take the opportunity to remind him not too subtely of what he did!!

Screw it.  Ideal scenario is that we beat them in 4 and Scheifele knows he cost his team by being an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

What I posted in the other thread ...

I am happy. That they actually handed out a suspension.

I am shocked. That they actually suspended more than one or two games.

And I am still angry. That Scheifele loses far fewer games than Evans.

The next step? Win this series in five games or less, and never give Scheifele a chance to get back on the ice this season. That should give him (and the rest of the team) something to ponder out on the golf course, about red mist, poor decisions and opportunities thrown away.

• Upvote 1

OK! A just outcome from a bad hit. Put it behind you.  Put Lehkonen on the Danault line and let's go play hockey boys! Keep er between the whistles and clear between the ears.

23 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Interesting theory based on a conversation with another member. 

NHL is currently dealing with Khadri appeals. If The Evans hit resulted in nothing, it would undermine that appeal. 

Did these 4 games get handed out for that reason alone?

Either way the Jets are missing a very good player. But then again, so are we

That is an interesting theory for sure, but I think it would undermine Khadri's suspension and allow his Appeal.   I wouldnt be surprised if that hit had something to do with this suspension.  

4 games was more than I ever thought DOP would give but it is fair.

I think this is going to make it hard for Winnipeg to win the series.  It hands them a great excuse for losing and many players will find it hard to play hard.  Its just easier to say to yourself we are losing because of the league suspended Sheifele.  The Jets will really have to buckle down and get this out of their heads if they want to win.

We can play for the young unjustly damaged Jake Evans and make a point for him. 

They get to play for the offender. 

6 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

4 games was more than I ever thought DOP would give but it is fair.

I think this is going to make it hard for Winnipeg to win the series.  It hands them a great excuse for losing and many players will find it hard to play hard.  Its just easier to say to yourself we are losing because of the league suspended Sheifele.  The Jets will really have to buckle down and get this out of their heads if they want to win.

I look at it different from you...  jets have lost there best player so rest of team must find another gear to make up for it. This will motivate them and push them I’m my humble opinion. I hope your right tho. 

6 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

I look at it different from you...  jets have lost there best player so rest of team must find another gear to make up for it. This will motivate them and push them I’m my humble opinion. I hope your right tho. 

How’d that logic work out for the Leafs?

Both teams will try to use this as motivation. But at the end of the day, the Jets lost their best player for four games. While Evans was playing great and brought a lot of value, he is no Mark Scheifle. That net loss should work in the Habs’ benefit. It’s up to them to make it count.

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

How’d that logic work out for the Leafs?

They won the next 3 in a row.🤓

4 games was longer suspension than expected.

• Upvote 1

Color me surprised at the length. Not because I don't believe it was deserved, but the whacky precedences set by the NHL left no expectation of any suspension.

Others will disagree with me, but it's been a while since I've seen such a malicious hit. Even my wife, who is mostly a casual watcher of games, mentioned earlier in the game "what's wrong with that guy?". I don't like watching hockey games where guys get stretchered off the ice. Tavares was scary and a reminder of what could happen accidentally on the ice due to the speed of the game. This, though, was what could happen when someone is just pissed off and wants to hurt someone.

47 minutes ago, huzer said:

Color me surprised at the length. Not because I don't believe it was deserved, but the whacky precedences set by the NHL left no expectation of any suspension.

Others will disagree with me, but it's been a while since I've seen such a malicious hit. Even my wife, who is mostly a casual watcher of games, mentioned earlier in the game "what's wrong with that guy?". I don't like watching hockey games where guys get stretchered off the ice. Tavares was scary and a reminder of what could happen accidentally on the ice due to the speed of the game. This, though, was what could happen when someone is just pissed off and wants to hurt someone.

I think it has more to do with Kadri and his suspension. If kadri never appealed it I think Scheifele doesn't get suspended.  But I think NHL was afraid that kadri camp would use the scheifele hit to lower his. 

10 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I think it has more to do with Kadri and his suspension. If kadri never appealed it I think Scheifele doesn't get suspended.  But I think NHL was afraid that kadri camp would use the scheifele hit to lower his. 

I don't believe the two are related at all. Kadri can't re-appeal his appeal. He's also a repeat offender. The language of the DOPS ruling makes it pretty clear their thoughts. Sheifele, in my mind, didn't help his case with his testimony that was easily disproven with the video. Even Sheifele now is really showing zero regret and claiming he just wanted to "cut him off at the post". Given his first media interview since the hit, I'd say if this was the general attitude during the call, I'm surprised it wasn't the max 5 games.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/jets-scheifele-wont-appeal-suspension-im-going-accept-punishment/

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

How’d that logic work out for the Leafs?...

3 hours ago, DON said:

They won the next 3 in a row.🤓 ...

AND, totally dominated O/T in Game 5 until Galchenyuk decided he wanted to go home and made a perfect pass to Caufield

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Commandant said:

I expected two, i would have given 20, but thats me.  4 seems more than i hoped for though.

Me too.