Round 3, Game 3, Golden Knights @ Canadiens, 8:00PM EST

TurdBurglar

I saw no reports of Habs missing the skate (except DD) so there shouldn't be any Habs on it

7 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

What happens if there is an outbreak on the team? Walkover? Games postponed?

In the SHL-playoffs if a team couldnt play because of covid they would be automatic eliminated.

I believe it's the same here. You forfeit. 

Bettman will coach the Habs. Because he wants the game to be played, and because he wants Vegas to win. 

32 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I don't think coaches are allowed to have contact with the team during a game if they are not physically present, are they? At least, I'm pretty sure that was how it worked for NHL and NCAA football coaches.

They have the coach in the video room who relays things to ducharme... so i dont see why ducharme cant relay info from the hotel.

35 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

TSN Reporting it on their site now, also.

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-dominique-ducharme-covid-19-game-3-1.1656737

What's really scary (from a fan perspective) is how many players might become infected now? He pulls his mask down to yell more than any other coach I have noticed. As such, I find it hard to believe he is wearing his mask behind closed doors.

On the positive side, all players have had (the first?) vaccine shot, and none have tested positive yet.

Coaches pulling the mask down to yell is ridiculous. They might as well not wear one at all, yelling is exactly where you are spreading droplets all over the neighbourhood.

29 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I saw no reports of Habs missing the skate (except DD) so there shouldn't be any Habs on it

Just because nobody tested positive last night/this morning before practice doesn't mean nobody will test positive this afternoon. Let's just hope everyone chose to take the vaccine and that it holds the virus off for most everyone else. Even so, the Yankees had 9 breakthrough cases last month, so this could get bad.

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

They have the coach in the video room who relays things to ducharme... so i dont see why ducharme cant relay info from the hotel.

Video coach is in the building, in a controlled environment, no? I think the concern is that they don't want coaches using outside resources they normally wouldn't have access to in the arena to try to affect the game.

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

What happens if there is an outbreak on the team? Walkover? Games postponed?

In the SHL-playoffs if a team couldnt play because of covid they would be automatic eliminated.

The precedent was set in the regular season of postponing games due to too many positive tests.  Playoffs are a bigger deal, so I would imagine the expectation would be postponing game rather than replacing players, for competitive balance.  

If the NHL didn’t forfeit games in the regular season they definitely won’t in the playoffs.  That being said this is only one positive test, postponing or forfeiting games is putting the cart before the horse.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

This happened with Colorado earlier in the playoffs.  The second test cleared Bednar and he still coached that night.

Lets hope it.was a false positive for ducharme who was vaccinated June 9th.

A clarification on this ... all the players got their second shots on 09 June. Ducharme got his (presumably second) shot somewhere around the same time, but not necessarily on the 9th -- he was not in the same group as the players, so it's quite possible that he was vaccinated less than a week ago, which would mean the vaccine would not be fully effective yet.

5 hours ago, tomh009 said:

First dose only provides 50-ish per cent immunity -- and it's now only nine days after his vaccination.

Let's hope it's not the case.

June 9th was second dose 

54 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

A clarification on this ... all the players got their second shots on 09 June. Ducharme got his (presumably second) shot somewhere around the same time, but not necessarily on the 9th -- he was not in the same group as the players, so it's quite possible that he was vaccinated less than a week ago, which would mean the vaccine would not be fully effective yet.

NHL's statement confirms his second dose was June 9. Nobody else has tested positive yet. Gonna be a long series with the possibility of more positives hanging over it.