Jump to content

2021 NHL Playoffs


Neech
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes, just another one they turn blind eye to, bushleague but same ol BS as always, so no surprise. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DON said:

Yes, just another one they turn blind eye to, bushleague but same ol BS as always, so no surprise. 

 

Agreed ... although the result is unfortunate, hardly the most dangerous crosscheck not called in these playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't know where to put this, so here it is.

 

I liked this part: << Since reaching the final in 2011, Vancouver has managed to win just one playoff round. Since losing in Game 7 of the conference final in 2017, Ottawa has yet to qualify for the playoffs. Winnipeg has also been unable to build on the success that saw them reach the conference final in 2018.>>

 

   :halm: Stanley cup or bust  :halm:

 

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/traikos-for-the-habs-the-mentality-has-always-been-the-stanley-cup-or-bust

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Lightning are really dominating the Islanders in Game 7 based on play. Still leading with 11 minutes to go but Islanders are lucky to only be down by 1. Anything can still happen but Tampa will be a really tough opponent. So deep with high end skill.

 

Edit: Tampa Bay it is. They hold on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be the best, you need to beat the best. 
 

bring on the 2020 champs!

 

go Habs go!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, near the end of that game it just looked silly.  The Isles net was empty, and 1 lone Bolt player held the puck up against the end boards as 4 Islers tried to take the puck from him.  That continued for way longer than it should have and ended with him falling down and taking out 2 of the Isles with him.  

 

Bolts vs Habs in the Cup Finals.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Tampa will win back to back cups. $18mil over the cap. 

 

Yes, the front page of capfriendly has them 18 million over the cap. 

Let's dig a little deeper though. 

$7.5 million of that is Marian Gaborik and Anders Nilsson, who played 0 games for them.  Who cares about this?

 

$9.5 million of that is Kucherov... He had offseason surgery on his hip.  He was legitimately hurt.  Also the NHL already faced this situation in 2015 with Patrick Kane and they set the precedent that sitting out the last 2 or 3 games of the season is fine and you can be activated in game 1.  If the NHL didn't like that rule, they could have changed it but they didn't even ask for a change in the 2020 CBA negotiations.   So meh...  they followed the rules.

 

So thats 17 of the 18 million. 

 

There are 10 teams over the cap, including the Habs so, meh.

 

Just go beat them now. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

Wish Drouin could be in for the revenge series.  Not that I want to change the lineup, but it would be good for him.

Potentially yes ... ideally yes ... but if he played as he did in his last 13 games (0g, 2a, -7) it could be terrible for him ... shame ... I have always loved his skill ... expect he will be elsewhere next season ... personally, I hope MB finds the best place for JD and not just the best return he can get ... not that I expect a bidding war.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Yes, the front page of capfriendly has them 18 million over the cap. 

Let's dig a little deeper though. 

$7.5 million of that is Marian Gaborik and Anders Nilsson, who played 0 games for them.  Who cares about this?

 

$9.5 million of that is Kucherov... He had offseason surgery on his hip.  He was legitimately hurt.  Also the NHL already faced this situation in 2015 with Patrick Kane and they set the precedent that sitting out the last 2 or 3 games of the season is fine and you can be activated in game 1.  If the NHL didn't like that rule, they could have changed it but they didn't even ask for a change in the 2020 CBA negotiations.   So meh...  they followed the rules.

 

So thats 17 of the 18 million. 

 

There are 10 teams over the cap, including the Habs so, meh.

 

Just go beat them now. 

Agreed ... the rules are the rules ... personally I don't like the idea that a player can miss the entire season on LTIR but "magically" be healthy enough to play come the first game of the playoffs ... it reeks of circumvention ... but until they change the rule (likely never) it isn't cheating.

 

GHG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You also have to remember that even if he was healthy with 2 or 3 games left, its well past the deadline and literally impossible for tampa to clear the room to activate him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You also have to remember that even if he was healthy with 2 or 3 games left, its well past the deadline and literally impossible for tampa to clear the room to activate him.

True ... but if the rule were changed (won't happen ... I know) such that, for example, players on LTIR have to play at least 8 games (roughly 10% of the schedule) or skip the first round of the playoffs then teams would make allowances (just an idea to discourage hiding healthy players on LTIR) ... OR ... and I support this idea independent of the other, require teams only take onto their cap the hit for the games a player actually plays; linked to stricter NHL supervision of LTIR (e.g., requiring reports from independent doctors to place and keep a player on LTIR) ... LTIR is necessary in a cap world ... but it could be refined (won't be, but could ... should?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DON said:

Some have bought into Habs run, i assumed almost all would still pick TB.

 

https://www.nhl.com/news/stanley-cup-final-predictions-picked-by-nhl-writers-editors/c-325484984?tid=325479796

I think only two of the 15 writers have a prediction record better than .500! :D

 

I am actually surprised that five people are picking the Habs, it's more than I wuld have expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I think only two of the 15 writers have a prediction record better than .500! :D

 

I am actually surprised that five people are picking the Habs, it's more than I wuld have expected.

We seem like a team of destiny right now - I hope we can FINALLy get #25. What I don’t get is the praise a few of them have heaped on our D.  Personally I’m terrified when we are being hemmed in our zone and can’t get the puck out. It seems we usually have three things happen:

1) the stretch pass (usually by a forward to find a man behind their D

2) we give it away, because we can’t get it out, and have had Price save our ass

3) we ice the puck.

 

Our strengths are:

1) young forwards who are showing they can become stars (Caufield potentially a superstar) 

2) forwards who are contributing to the defensive pressure and being responsible

3) scoring being contributions from all the lines.

4) veterans like Perry playing hard and showing they are not dine

 5) last, and most importantly friggin MVP perform from Conn Smythe Price

 

habs in 6 with the first cup win on Bell Centre ice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven’t been terrified most of this run. There were a few anxious moments here and there vs Vegas but I have not been “terrified” since round 1 vs the Leafs. The team feels like a playoff team and instills a lot of confidence when I watch them. I usually get nervous all the time during the playoffs but so far not so much.


I do expect there to be some of those “moments” versus Tampa, however. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I haven’t been terrified most of this run. There were a few anxious moments here and there vs Vegas but I have not been “terrified” since round 1 vs the Leafs. The team feels like a playoff team and instills a lot of confidence when I watch them. I usually get nervous all the time during the playoffs but so far not so much.


I do expect there to be some of those “moments” versus Tampa, however. 


I’ll admit it.
 

I was terrified in overtime of game 6. 
 

I wanted the islanders but happy we got Tampa. 
 

Nothing would be more fitting than winning the cup while chucking the defending champs to the side of the curb. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did not think this would only be 3 folks, but good company;

"Kotkaniemi has scored a total of nine playoff goals before reaching the age of 21. The only other NHL players to accomplish that feat are Sidney Crosby and Wayne Gretzky."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, DON said:

Did not think this would only be 3 folks, but good company;

"Kotkaniemi has scored a total of nine playoff goals before reaching the age of 21. The only other NHL players to accomplish that feat are Sidney Crosby and Wayne Gretzky."

 

Not true.

 

Jagr had 14 playoff goals before age 21.

 

There are a half a dozen players with 10 or more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Not true.

 

Jagr had 14 playoff goals before age 21.

 

There are a half a dozen players with 10 or more.

Yep. I saw that list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Curse the NHL for not having the usual absurdly long break before starting the finals. I will admit, I never in my wildest dream thought the Habs playoff run would interfere with my late June travel plans. I am flying back from Boston for my goddaughter's baptism tomorrow night and will have to watch game 1 late night when I get back into town. And I extended my trip another night so I could visit the home of a civil war general I did a report on in gradeschool. Curse unreliable upcharge in-flight wifi!

 

And let me tell you, I felt like a bad Habs fan hanging out at North Station in Boston, where TD Garden and the Bobby Orr statue are. I am currently getting a nice buzz going to help forget about the Bruins stuff all around me!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Curse the NHL for not having the usual absurdly long break before starting the finals. I will admit, I never in my wildest dream thought the Habs playoff run would interfere with my late June travel plans. I am flying back from Boston for my goddaughter's baptism tomorrow night and will have to watch game 1 late night when I get back into town. And I extended my trip another night so I could visit the home of a civil war general I did a report on in gradeschool. Curse unreliable upcharge in-flight wifi!

 

And let me tell you, I felt like a bad Habs fan hanging out at North Station in Boston, where TD Garden and the Bobby Orr statue are. I am currently getting a nice buzz going to help forget about the Bruins stuff all around me!

 

 


if I were you I’d be wearing my Habs jersey loud and proud in beantown!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Helmethead said:

if I were you I’d be wearing my Habs jersey loud and proud in beantown!! 

 

I got a comment or two about my Habs shirt on Friday night. Whispers behind my back, because they knew I could just reply to any comment about being in the finals, haha. And I will be wearing another one tomorrow!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • dlbalr unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...