Injury news

Commandant

Nokelainen skated with the callups today but still isn't going to be ready for the opener. Palushaj also skated albeit with a non-contact jersey. He will, barring a surprise recovery in the next couple of days, start the season on Montreal's SOIR.

I think it would take more then just a surprise recovery for either to make the line up starting night.

WTF? Since When does an Appendix knock u out for 4 weeks??

I remember Patrick Roy had to get that procedure during the Playoffs. I think he only missed 1 game !

Anyways, take the time it takes Max !

I remember Patrick Roy had to get that procedure during the Playoffs. I think he only missed 1 game !

Anyways, take the time it takes Max !

Ha ha, I remember that too. That's Montreal for you, non-stop drama. :lol:

Awful news about MaxPac (I wonder if his appendix burst, which might explain the protracted healing time?). At least, though, it's not a hockey-related injury. This sure isn't going to help a team already hard up to assemble two legitimate top-6 lines. But it's a good opportunity for somebody - Eller on the wing? Gally or Galy? Therrien, work your (*cough!*) magic.

Awful news about MaxPac (I wonder if his appendix burst, which might explain the protracted healing time?). At least, though, it's not a hockey-related injury. This sure isn't going to help a team already hard up to assemble two legitimate top-6 lines. But it's a good opportunity for somebody - Eller on the wing? Gally or Galy? Therrien, work your (*cough!*) magic.

I see Bourque getting rewarded with a 1st line promotion. The probable question is, does Therrien give Eller an opportunity to shine after sitting out two games and play him beside Pleks and Gionta?

Or does he promote a guy like Moen and make Eller earn his icetime on the 4th line?

First game, have Eller fill in for Pacioretty and see how he works out.

If not, juggle the lines completely. Something like:

Bourque - Plekanec - Cole

Desharnais - Galchenyuk - Gionta

Prust - Eller - Gallagher

Moen - White - Armstrong

I'm sure people will freak at DD and Gio on the same line but don't knock until you've seen it!

Max is a married man, but yet checked out my fiance on Thursday at the airport. He gave her the complete up and down look. Perhaps this is karma. As a die hard fan, I am torn on how I feel.

Moen - White - Armstrong

I'm sure people will freak at DD and Gio on the same line but don't knock until you've seen it!

I like that concept best.

Max is a married man, but yet checked out my fiance on Thursday at the airport. He gave her the complete up and down look. Perhaps this is karma. As a die hard fan, I am torn on how I feel.

Anytime any man checks out my woman I like it.

Had a friend just go through the surgery - emergency as well. Chances are it wasn't burst, just at a point where the doc said no chances. Normal healing time for non-pros, as far as I can glean, is 5 weeks, or until you can do one particular move without pain. For a pro working out, the time-frame given sounds about right.

Max Pacioretty thinks your fiancee is hot...

If that isn't a sign of a successful marriage, I don't know what is.

Max Pacioretty thinks your fiancee is hot...

If that isn't a sign of a successful marriage, I don't know what is.

The funny/weird thing is, that Max and myself look alike. It has been a topic of conversation between me and her since we started dating. Also, our son's name is Maxim, or Max, as we call him.

Moen - White - Armstrong

Yea, I figure Eller is just going to slot into Pacioretty's spot for the time being and everything else will stay the same. I think he is going to stick with Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta for a while though they seem to be developing some chemistry especially Bourque and Gionta. I'd like to see Galchenyuk though get Pacioretty's spot on the powerplay.

Sure Max's appendix did burst. I had mine removed when I was 15, but it wasn't an emergency, was to burst in 6 to 12 hours I was told.

Anyway, my recovery went Patrick Roy style, surgery on December 27th, playing ice hockey on December 31st.

Sure Max's appendix did burst. I had mine removed when I was 15, but it wasn't an emergency, was to burst in 6 to 12 hours I was told.

Anyway, my recovery went Patrick Roy style, surgery on December 27th, playing ice hockey on December 31st.

Roy did not have his appendix removed until after the habs were eliminated from the playoffs. He missed game 3 for it but convinced doctors to let him continue playing. He had the surgery 4 days after the Habs were eliminated in Game 7 vs the bruins. He's still a badass though.

What about putting Eller at centre and move DD to the wing? Maybe play that line as second line and move plex line to 1st line. Lots have people have talked about trying DD on the wing and giving Eller more minutes on a good line. Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone. Or is this too risky?

What about putting Eller at centre and move DD to the wing? Maybe play that line as second line and move plex line to 1st line. Lots have people have talked about trying DD on the wing and giving Eller more minutes on a good line. Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone. Or is this too risky?

I'd do it, I doubt the coaches try it; at least right away.

Max was back home yesterday morning. Obviously it was a pretty straightforward surgery -- a laparoscopy, in fact, which is not invasive and should heal very fast. Contrarily to what has been written here, his appendix hasn't burst. That would have been a peritonitis, rather than a mere appendicitis. The surgery would have been a lot more invasive, and healing more problematic and certainly longer.

Knowing that Max is a tough guy, we can hope for a short recovery.

Max was back home yesterday morning. Obviously it was a pretty straightforward surgery -- a laparoscopy, in fact, which is not invasive and should heal very fast. Contrarily to what has been written here, his appendix hasn't burst. That would have been a peritonitis, rather than a mere appendicitis. The surgery would have been a lot more invasive, and healing more problematic and certainly longer.

Knowing that Max is a tough guy, we can hope for a short recovery.

Just went through a similar surgery last summer. Doctor said recovery time is 2 weeks and I work in construction. I don't expect him to be out much more than 3 at the latest.

Markov blew his knee shovelling in Montreal today. No reports on how long until he sees the doc after the swelling goes down in two to three days. The worst of worst news.

Made ya sweat.

Markov blew his knee shovelling in Montreal today. No reports on how long until he sees the doc after the swelling goes down in two to three days. The worst of worst news.

Made ya sweat.

Actually you didn't. Te internet has been around long enough to know when you see a huge blank section below an odd post, there's usually some kind of trick attempted to be played.